I know no-one cares but I finally won The Premiership (and the treble)!!!

In my sixth season with Newcastle I finally won the Premiership after finishing 3rd, 2nd and 3rd in previous seasons :) And not only that but I won the treble - The Premiership, The European Cup AND The FA Cup!

I thought I'd missed my chance with The Premiership when I lost against Everton in my penultimate game (I just KNEW that we were going to lose that one >_<). I then needed to beat Villa away while hoping that an under-performing Chelsea would win at home against an on-fire Arsenal (our title rivals). We were 2-0 up at Villa by half-time and Chelsea were 3-1 up against Arsenal, so I spent the whole of the second half saying "please please please please please please please please...", then Bang! Newcastle became Premiership Champions by ONE point!

Then to win the FA Cup we had to beat Chelsea, who had just helped us to win the Premiership title. We won 1-0 when Kevin Doyle scored in the 90th minute. Unbelievable. We had won the double.

THEN we had to beat Real Madrid no less to win the European Cup. At half-time we were around 10-2 up on shots, and had more possession than them in all areas of the pitch, yet their player ratings were generally better than ours, so I wasn't sure whether to change things around or not. Anyway we went 1-0 up just after half-time, which is how it stayed for a while, until Real Madrid were awarded a penalty...Robinho took it and Kesper Schmeical saved it! Then we scored a second goal right near the end, which is when it dawned on me that we had just won the treble.

So now I would just like to say thank you to Sony for creating the PSP, and to SI because this game is the greatest game I have ever played. Oh yeah and thanks to me for finally producing the goods as a manager. Now of course I'm dreading the next season because winning the treble is ever so slightly hard to follow. As Tweek from South Park would say, "This is way too much pressure!".

Lol thanks LSD! Thanks JJS! Yeah the last few games of the season were very exciting, but not good stress-wise.

lol

i know the stress really gets to you and once you win and celebrated for a few mins ;) your like its only a game lol

Real managers definitely earn their money...

but not st*v* m*cl*r*n (i refuse to use his name) lol

Thanks Ridley! Yeah the nail-biting games are fun, but not so much when you are six seasons in and you haven't won anything, and you know that you are on for the treble, but you also know that you are on for throwing away the treble and winning nothing :p

Or I could just resign and quit while I'm ahead lol. Nah I'm sticking with Newcastle now until you-know-what comes out. It would be nice to do the full 30 (?) seasons anyway, haven't done that yet with any FMH game.

LOL MJGB, ain't that the truth! Thanks!

So pretty close then! Playing the game for a season you definately feel like you're an actual part of the staff at the club but when it comes to those last few games, you feel it even more... I've found myself actually telling my players* we have to stick together in these last few games!

*Well, the screen to be honest!

So pretty close then! Playing the game for a season you definately feel like you're an actual part of the staff at the club but when it comes to those last few games, you feel it even more... I've found myself actually telling my players* we have to stick together in these last few games!

*Well, the screen to be honest!

Lol me too, saying things like "I know your last few games haven't been amazing but I believe in you!". Then you realize what you are doing.

Well done mayte now you just have to retain them :)

Yeah...but now I'm reluctant to do the next season because chances are it's going to be a disappointment in comparison :p I'm thinking I might take a short break from it and start a separate game managing a totally different club abroad (Mid-table Serie B team or something). Having owned and played all of the FMH games from the beginning I've never actually gotten round to managing abroad!

Archived