Passion in our Football Manager - IMPT

If there i one thing i've spent my lifetime doing, that would be supporting Leeds United and playing Football Manager (CM previously)

Everything is great and it just keeps getting better.

But the one thing that is still lacking is the emotional bit, eg. since Leeds are in a precarious position, i managed to haul them back into the Championship. That was when i was able to do enough to bring back an old boy, a certain Ian Harte. But his emotional return to his former stomping ground was rather muted. No, "Ian Harte to return to former club to help in their quest to return to the premiership" . Maybe he was a mediocre player in his time.

Then i got into the Premeirship, Managed to convince and persuade a former cult figure Alan Smith to return. Still it was a normal "Leeds have Signed Alan Smith for x amount" no "Alan smith today made a controversial return to his boyhood club blah blah blah"

This would most certainly be a welcome addition to the upcoming FM2009, The most sexy of FMs yet!!

LEt me know what you think guys!

I see your point, and it would be nice to have in the game!

Funny you mention Mr Harte, I was in my third season as Hearts and was really struggling for a left back....I had seen Harte in the free transfer bit for over a season and as I was desperate I gave him a deal, stats are not that good as he is getting on a bit but now I'm in my fourth season he is now my 1st choice left back - he just doesnt play badly (well in the SPL) and takes a fine penalty too!!

Damn Straight!

He seems to find an immense angle to reach the corner everytime!

ahaha.. he did really well for me while i had him.. and his stat were decent, as he was only 30 or 32 i think.. geez.. when you look at all that, you really begin to realize how young the Leeds team were back in the glory days.. oh well..

I've always had the same problem, actually. I once sold a young player at 19 who went on to be a world beater. I eventually got my team upto his standard and tried to re-sign him. I didn't actually manage it but despite being asked by the media about my interest in him, I never got a message saying that he used to play for us.

I'd like something asking me why I sold him in the first place etc.

I have always wondered why SI doesnt use his great fanbase and make a media text competition, where they give you the variables you can use and create texts which will be used in the game.

That is a fantastic idea.

In another thread, I alluded to this kind of thing. I had Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville, and then a season later Paul Scholes, all playing their last ever games for the Man. United. But I couldn't make anything of it. I couldn't even tell the players it was going to be their last game. I wanted some fuss about it, especially given as Scholes actually scored in his last game.

totally agree

yet if you sell someone who was at best a backup player, every single time you come up against him in the future you get the usual "player returns to old club/stadium" message asking your thoughts on your past player (which is fine once)

for example as United, Dong Fangzhuo maybe played 2/3 carling cup games for me until his contract ran out and i let him go with no second thought, he goes to Vitesse in Holland who i face 2 years later in the CL and both times I play them I get the usual "Dong returns to Old trafford" "yeah we'll say hell but thats about it" I WOULDNT EVEN SAY HELLO let alone need a press conference every time I play him. Same with Wes Brown who I eventually let go and, fair play, he deserves a mention on his return but EVERY TIME I play Newcastle, is it really necessary?

Yet, when I sell Berbatov back to Spurs after 4 years, there is no mention because the original transfer did not happen in "the game"

Archived