FM09 and US Stores.

Ok since we can only preorder the game from the UK store for now it there any news when will we be able to preorder the game in US? Also will it be under a different name like before "Worldwide soccer Manager"? Is there any difference in those two versions(i've previously purchased the UK versions from AMAZON since i wasnt sure if the US version is the same)? Also I`m a mac user and i hope there wont be any problems getting a mac version in the US. Any details if APPLE.COM will be selling it? Thanks !

If you want the game as soon as you can get it just order it again from the various UK sites. That's what i've been doing in New York for 8 years. WWSM comes out in the US later and is exactly the same game as FM (including being ready for MAC). Why wait and who cares what stores its in, i say. we got the interweb!

And PC & Mac are in the same box....

thats true... i never paid attention to it because i used to be a pc user until this summer... I`ll be checking AMAZON.com this week then. HMV only has free shipping for UK orders.. I dont wanna spend 1/4th of the game for shipping to us...

I have gone with the Digital Download the past 3 years and enjoy playing it w/out a disk. The only draw back is waiting a week after the main release to get it, I hope against hope that the DD will be out the same day as everything else.

Damn, I want to play without a disk... why can't we play without a disk if some other people can play without a disk? I clearly have a disk, why do I have to put it in each time? Its especially inconvenient when I want to play at work and the disc is at home :)

I lived in the UK for quite a while and was used to picking up a copy of FM when it came out. I moved to NYC, bought WWSM and it is fine in general. Just realize that everyone who creates edits/apps/downloads probably won't do it for both versions, only FM. I find that I miss having access to these additions as, to me, they add a lot to the game. I would strongly recommend not buying WWSM (I picked up a copy of FM and uninstalled WWSM) if you are interested in making full use of the FM community (unless the differences in the data structures are removed...).

i`ll go with the FM then.. but i noticed on the AMAZON.COM that it says (PC) but the box has a little MAC icon.. so there will be one disk for both MAC and PC or not? I think i`ll go with the DOWNLOAD version as well... is the MAC version downloadable also?

Ok something is not right... I just checked AMAZON.com and this is what i found..

http://www.amazon.com/Worldwide-Soccer-Manager-2009-Pc/dp/B001F62VG4/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1221070366&sr=8-3

This one sells for $29.99 but its not for MACs(notice no MAC logo on the cover as in the FM version on UK's AMAZON)... does that mean WSM comes out separate for MAC and PC? How come FM comes out MAC /PC together? Also.. I hate AMAZON for not carrying FM version as well. I dont want WSM no more since you guys told me that the FM gets more treatment from the company when it comes to patches and stuff... I think i`ll need to either do a download or buy it from UK(which i dont want to pay so much money for shipping)..

i wonder why Amazon UK is selling the game for £29.99 and AMAZON US is selling the game for $29.99.. thats kind of unfair to UK players... much more expensive no?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sega-Football-Manager-2009-PC/dp/B001FA0DLK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1221071194&sr=1-1

You will find that the graphic used on amazon.com is simply the game's logo: not a covershot. There is not yet a WWSM cover graphic. The US game will be for both PC and Mac.

Things are generally cheaper in America: it's about £15 more over here. But bear in mind that amazon isn't the only site selling the game here. I've seen one for £17.99.

if you guys hear any details about digital download let me know.. Because i think that's what i`ll do.. do you guys know how much space the digital download took of the FM08? I just want to know because FM09 will probably be a little bigger maybe 10%?

Ok something is not right... I just checked AMAZON.com and this is what i found..

http://www.amazon.com/Worldwide-Soccer-Manager-2009-Pc/dp/B001F62VG4/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1221070366&sr=8-3

This one sells for $29.99 but its not for MACs(notice no MAC logo on the cover as in the FM version on UK's AMAZON)... does that mean WSM comes out separate for MAC and PC? How come FM comes out MAC /PC together? Also.. I hate AMAZON for not carrying FM version as well. I dont want WSM no more since you guys told me that the FM gets more treatment from the company when it comes to patches and stuff... I think i`ll need to either do a download or buy it from UK(which i dont want to pay so much money for shipping)..

i wonder why Amazon UK is selling the game for £29.99 and AMAZON US is selling the game for $29.99.. thats kind of unfair to UK players... much more expensive no?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sega-Football-Manager-2009-PC/dp/B001FA0DLK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1221071194&sr=1-1

A few points;

- That is placeholder artwork and should be changed in the next couple of days.

- The new WWSM artwork will have Mac logos. PC and Mac will indeed be on the same disk.

- All SI patches for FM are also done for WWSM.

- SI and SEGA made the decision to supply WWSM which is why Amazon take it. Don't blame them! US retailers as a whole, back when we started, were not keen on what they saw as a soccer game named after a football game, unfortunately.

- We price locally in the majority of territories.

Thanks Matt for the information! One more thing if you could confirm. Will the download version of FM09 also be available for MAC? I`m not sure if the 08 was but i have this memory in my head that i checked once and there was no MAC version on the FM08 website for download.(i`m probably mistaken) .

I understand the issue of Football - Soccer in the US. I still hate US for changing the name of FOOTBALL game (which was first) to SOCCER..

I've gotten the DD version the last 2 years and love it. However I think I'll get a hard-copy of FM09 this year. Kind of miss having the box for a product to sit on the shelf. I'll also be getting FM09 rather than WWSM09, because, well, it always seems wrong to me to play FM with the Americanized language, etc.. I think many American players agree, however, the reason for WWSM makes sense for da newbs. Welcome to FM, newbies!

I've gotten the DD version the last 2 years and love it. However I think I'll get a hard-copy of FM09 this year. Kind of miss having the box for a product to sit on the shelf. I'll also be getting FM09 rather than WWSM09, because, well, it always seems wrong to me to play FM with the Americanized language, etc.. I think many American players agree, however, the reason for WWSM makes sense for da newbs. Welcome to FM, newbies!

You do know that WWSM has a UK english option, right?

Hey Matt, regards from Brazil!

Do you know if there is other way to acquire the FM09 game (unless the digital download), for all the fans in Brazil? The South American market should be targeted by Sega, my friend - the game is quite famous here, and I think there is a big market to explore. Have you contacted any distributor to sell the game here?

Best regards,

Eduardo.

You do know that WWSM has a UK english option, right?

Yes, but IIRC this wasn't the case previously (FM06?). Its taste, but I'd like to load the game as FM, not WWSM. I want to feel I'm playing the English version of the game, not the 'For America' version, whether or not there are any differences under the hood anymore. Strange, right? Purely aesthetic or not, there's something about having a foreign game...

I hope the Digital Download is available early as well. Nice to have us all begin the game on the same day!

Yes, but IIRC this wasn't the case previously (FM06?). Its taste, but I'd like to load the game as FM, not WWSM. I want to feel I'm playing the English version of the game, not the 'For America' version, whether or not there are any differences under the hood anymore. Strange, right? Purely aesthetic or not, there's something about having a foreign game...

I hope the Digital Download is available early as well. Nice to have us all begin the game on the same day!

Yes, WWSM06 did not come with a UK english pack. However, SI did make a UK pack available to mod your wwsm06 game. It was something a bunch of us on a US sports gaming board asked for and one of the Marcs Duffy or Vaughn (maybe both?) was able to come through with. After that I believe Matt-Sega replied to a post of mine it would be included as part of the game in wwsm 07.

No it's not strange at all IMHO. I've often wondered if I could copy the opening splash screen from the FM demo in place of the WWSM splash screen so I could have the same feeling. After playing this great game for the past three years soccer is a word I no longer use.

FWIW the only reason I don't import FM is it cost approx $60 with the exchange rate while WWSM goes for $30 with free shipping or $34 with two day shipping. The games are identical other than the name on the splash screen and the exe (which can cause some problems with user made mods) and I just can't justify spending almost twice as much for the same thing. Though I do understand why others do it.

I've been pleasantly surprised how many Americans are playing the game these days. Some of my non-footie friends have even now heard of Football Manager, though hardly any 'get' it.

KUTGW Matt and Miles and crew. We Yanks love the game, whatever the wrapper.

I've been pleasantly surprised how many Americans are playing the game these days. Some of my non-footie friends have even now heard of Football Manager, though hardly any 'get' it.

KUTGW Matt and Miles and crew. We Yanks love the game, whatever the wrapper.

Most likely most of the US buyers are europeans living in US.

American and been playing the game since my Argentine wife got me into football back in 2000, my first 3 copies of the game were sent to me free by a Queen friend on the Queenzone board. For a while it was kinda hard to get copies of the new game as I could not buy them through Amazon.uk because they would not ship them here, had to rely on ebay and got a crappy copy from Thailand once..never again. I only thing I found with WSM is I cannot use the FNM editor or I wonder if that is because I'm using Vista. Now I'm able to get WSM from Amazon and I'm quite happy, through I did see a copy of FM back in 05 in NYC, for $85 through...

Most likely most of the US buyers are europeans living in US.

I`m actually Polish-American , have been playing football managing games since 94 ..Then I moved to US and i continue to play them... I know few of my other Polish friends who live here in US and also play the FM.

Trust me - Amazon won't be releasing the game on November 1st. They may not know that yet, or believe it, but they won't.

In the region of the 14th - same as Europe - is my best guess. Exactly when - not confirmed. America doesn't really have a "street date" as such - its too big - so we'd ship from manufacturer somewhere around that week and then it may take 1-5 days to get to Amazon and out to consumers, I guess.

Trust me - Amazon won't be releasing the game on November 1st. They may not know that yet, or believe it, but they won't.

In the region of the 14th - same as Europe - is my best guess. Exactly when - not confirmed. America doesn't really have a "street date" as such - its too big - so we'd ship from manufacturer somewhere around that week and then it may take 1-5 days to get to Amazon and out to consumers, I guess.

Thank you. It seemed highly unlikely, but i was hoping:)

you cannot download wwsm if you are in Europe. they ll check your IP.

will the American IP be able to download FM instead of wwsm? I think this time im a bit forced to go with wwsm because of the huge price difference. I will probably go with the download version since i hate cds in my computer (they make too much noise). Problem is that if hdd crashes (which can always happen) my game will be gone and i`ll have to repurchase... Is the download buy one time download? or will i be always able to download it as long as i have some type of code or something? I can install CD based game on few computers, desktop and my notebook, will i be able to do the same with the download version? Matt do you know? Thanks

will the American IP be able to download FM instead of wwsm? I think this time im a bit forced to go with wwsm because of the huge price difference. I will probably go with the download version since i hate cds in my computer (they make too much noise). Problem is that if hdd crashes (which can always happen) my game will be gone and i`ll have to repurchase... Is the download buy one time download? or will i be always able to download it as long as i have some type of code or something? I can install CD based game on few computers, desktop and my notebook, will i be able to do the same with the download version? Matt do you know? Thanks

I think they ll give you 5 downloads, so yes you can install it on more than one device.

I have another problem, i have a mac and a pc. Will the Dig. Down. be allright with both, or you ll have to choose one?

Archived