Eastern European Talent

Hi guys,

It seems that Eastern European young talent is a bit under-represented in the game. I just downloaded the new Weegie patch and I'm going to change some of the CA and PA ratings in the database to better represent the talent from the region. I'm interested in players that should be upgraded to -9 or -10, or perhaps a higher fixed PA (of course stats are also important but i'll just deal with PA first). I already have a few that i think could be upgraded to -9 PA,

Adem Ljajic (Partizan)

Danijel Aleksic (FK Vojvodina)

Nikola Saric (Liverpool)

Miralem Sulejmani (Ajax)

Ante Rukavina (PAO)

Nikola Kalinic (Hajduk Split)

Daniel Opare (R. Madrid/Ghana)

Obviously these players aren't really well known, but are there any other players outside of the main ones: Spain, Italy, France, England, Brazil, Argentina, etc...that people know of, who could be potentially upgraded? (not limited to Eastern Europe either...) What do you think?

you do know the weegie db only updates players and their clubs, and has nothing at all to do with pa/ca settings??? those players are rated at the start of last season, and will be until we get fm09

yeah thats it, often a lot of good players get overlooked cos of the w/p issues. even when you have wp feeders, scouts n coaches are telling you not to sign them cos they wont get a w/p... thats another thing that needs working on... for another thread tho!

I have to say the researchers usually get it right, however i must say if you say some people like that shpuld have a higher PA what to stop other lower nation contrys like myself in Scotland saying John Fleck should be -9.

I say we should just let the reaserchers do their job with the PA unless they start getting CA very very wrong

I'm not having a go at the researchers. My point was that since a full season has passed since the database was done, a lot has transpired. I mean Miralem Sulejimani won the dutch player of the year award, and you only need to look at the quality of players who have won that award in the past to know what it means. He was transferred to Ajax for 16 million euros, yet he only has a PA in the 140s. Daniel Opare looks one of the best young prospects in world football af the U-17 W.C. but is only a -8. This isn't a problem for the researchers because this has happened after the fact. Croatia, Serbia and Russia are hardly 'lower' nations. Two of them made The EURO championships when England didn't.

I guess if some of them get transferred to Premiership sides then people will start to care how their stats reflect their ability IRL...

Apparently Man U were on the trail of signing Aleksic before, and loaning him back to Vojvodina. Aleksic made his professional debut in the Serbian league for Vojvodina aged 16 years and 5 days. He has made about 13 appearances thus far, and has scored 3-4 goals. He scored against Red Star this year as well, one of Serbian's best teams. Nice goal as well. IMHO, he would have just slightly lower potential than Bojan Krkic.

Anyway, I hope the u19s, u17s achievements of players are reflected in FM09 as to help determine their potential.

Aleksić is the captain of Serbia u-17 national football team. In the 2008 campaign of the qualifying tournament of the u-17, Aleksic scored 5 out of his teams 6 goals. The other one was an auto-goal. He led his team single handidly all the way to the final group stage and is a main contendor for the u-17 golden boot award for most goals.

The only one of those who I've seen playing is Rukavina. And all I can say is that his CA leaves some room for improvement if he had a PA of -9...

Seriously, you don't need our blessing if you want to change some stats according to your perception. I have always done this without any kind of third party approval.

If you have a data issue, you can post it in the according forum where the researchers will hopefully read it.

there is a player that plays for Jerusalem in Israel called Toto Tamuz ( i think ) he plays up front and is only 18 at the start of the game but with the right training and you look after him properly he turns out to be a quality player , especially for teams like Celtic , Aston Villa , Fulham etc etc:)

• 1 month later...

I hope something has been done about this issue.

For those completely unaware, the Serb u/19 team, throughout the last few weeks beat Northern Ireland 3-1, Albania 5-0 and England 4-1. Furthermore, Adem Ljajic has been signed (unconfirmed but sources tell me he has) for Man Utd. I don't expect this to be in the game, but for the love of the game, I hope that some of these players potentials are increased for FM 09.

The u21 team has also beaten Denmark with a second string team 1:0 in both legs, thus qualifying for the European Championships next year and are touted as one of the favourites to take it out. I hope these young players potentials are recognised in the next FM game.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok...So, since i'm probably the best knoweldged Serbia sports caster in here ;)...

I have to tell you that Adem Ljajic and Danijel Aleksic are two of the biggest talents in the world. If you don't believe me..then go look at their stats from this years U17 competition.

They are both only 17 years old and have debuted for the Serbian U-21 squad, which as we all know have qualified for 8 years straight to the U-21 semi's or finals and are heavy..I mean heavy favorites to win it this year. Aleksic has 3 goals already this season.

Manchester United offered 10 million euros for Adem Ljajic and Partizan rejected! Saying he will be worth twice or three times more in a few years!! Amazing..

Nenad Krsticic just transfered to Sampodoria from Ofk Belgrade. He's considered to be one of the best midfielders from Serbia in about 30 years. He has amazing potential.

Darko Lazovic..He plays for a smaller club in Serbia but boy oh boy is his talent good. He is only 18 years old. He was the only player that scored against Ajax!! for his club Borac Cacak in the Uefa Cup qualifier. He's also a midfielder and is worth around 2 million euros for a small club like that. Great prospect.

Dusan Tadic...IMHO he's the best player at Vojvodina. He's worth about 4-6 million euros. He's our third best U-21 player right after Miralem Sulejmani and Gojko Kacar.

Also, Gojko Kacar is a huge talent. He plays for Hertha. He can play DC, DM, CM, AM, and CF!! Lol

Yes I know amazing. He usually plays at DM but after scoring 5 goals..yes 5 goals!! against a strong squad like Hungary in one game for our U-21's..He plays more attacking role now.

Zdravko Kuzmanovic is being chased by Arsenal, AC Milan, and of course Real Madrid. His price has sky-rocketed. He also made Bayern's defense look like ametures the other day in Champions League group stages. I believe in FM 08 his stats were fine and should be about identical this year with slight improvement.

Miralem Sulejmani needs very much great improvement in stats for FM09. He is the most expensive player all time in Dutch League!! More expensive than Huntelaar, Ruud Van, Robben, Sneijder, Van Persie, Babel, etc. He was also nominated as top 20 greatest young players in world after 07-08 season. Great things to be expected to him because he has this certain drive where he said, "I won't stop until i'm the best player in the world." He has the potential to accomplish this feature as well.

I noticed that in last years game the stats were completely off on domestic players in the eastern European countries.

Milos Krasic from CSKA Moscow..Just go look at what this guy does...On certain days he's considered with the best of the world. Manchester United is all over him. I believe in 2009 he will go to a top-flight club. So, if you want to get good refrence from your boss...Better give him good stats because he's a top prospect.

From Russia...Alan Dzagoev. This kid is only 18 and starts for CSKA..not to mention having something like 7 goals in 7 games! lol He also has 1 cap for Russian NT that made it to Semi's in EURO 08! Should be up there on stats with Bojan Krkic, Miralem Pjanic, Pato, etc etc

Miralem Pjanic was just bought by Lyon for 8-10 million euros. He's only 18 years old and conisdered to be one of the top talents in world! He plays for Bosnian NT already. His dribbling is a resemblence of C. Ronaldo. Go check out his youtube videos...esp. the one against Lyon(which is why they spent so much money on him) ;)

I'll add more players. If you don't trust me and my knowledge..then research yourself and you'll find out everything i've said is the truth and nothing but the truth. Amazing talents.

Archived