Cosmetic suggestion - View "predicted" league table

So, the media already tell us who will finish first, second, third, etc.

But rather than having to click each club in turn to find out their prediction, wouldn't it be nicer if we could see the "media prediction table", listing the teams in a division from "predicted 1st" to "predicted bottom"?

It'd be even nicer if we could have "media prediction" comparable to the actual, current table... So we can see who's over and under achieving quickly and easily?

definitely, just gone through the whole "click on everyt damn club to see who's been predicted to finish below me" lark... and "above me" too

not sure about the whole over/under achieving and how they work it out... i was predicted 18th, came 8th and some other swines got over-achievers...

biggest laugh i had was when i was rangers, infact it was last season, Celtic went into administraton in the second season, not sure how though, but they where only in it for a matter of a few months and lost many a key player keeping only the chuckle brother style centre backs and their strikers and stuart downing. However going into the split they where sitting 6th, finished third but Aberdeen got under achivers.

That's a good idea :)

Personally, I think the predicted league table could be a bit much but there could be something like this:

Predicted Champions:

Predicted CL qualifiers:

Predicted Uefa Cup qualifiers:

Predicted relegated teams:

Your predicted finish:

That way you could see the positions that matter in the league. Either way, it would be a good touch to show predicted finishes and then see how accurate they are at the end of the season.

how about at the start of the season, having the table arranged this way, rather than alphabetically?? its a completely pointless arrangement of the table tbh, and nothing is gained from it....

then once the season is underway, maybe have it as coloured arrows/numbers at one side of the current table to show the big movers?!

It probably could be added very fast. After all, we already have a position listed for every club at the start of the season as "Media Prediction".

In fact, there may even be a way to mod it into the league table already, using skins?

Really good idea.

On this forums there are so many good ideas that in the end we are all a bit upset that only a few are picked up. Or maybe there are so many of these ideas picked up, that we have to call it "our" game... we are the brain, SI the arm

I think alot of the best ideas are picked up and so are alot of our main gripes with the game. The problem is that SI can't include all the fixes and all the best ideas, would be terrific if they could though!

how about at the start of the season, having the table arranged this way, rather than alphabetically?? its a completely pointless arrangement of the table tbh, and nothing is gained from it....

I'm completely with you on that being a pointless arrangement of the table.

I think I'd rather the default sort be last year's finish, though - I like being able to see at a glance who is newly promoted, etc. Though I suppose that's tough for a league like the Championship, where the top two have just promoted and we've had three new entries as relegations from above .. who would get the "top" slot then? ...

Perhaps your idea works better after all. :D

Archived