FM2008 not working :(

go into my computer, right click on the disc and say "autorun" or "run as administrator" of youre on vista....

or right click the drive with disc in, explore, and then double click setup

and let us know some system info if they dont work.. o/s system specs etc

Sounds like your drive is on it's way out. That's the usual sequence. Off the top of my head don't know the specifics but it has something to do with laser strength etc. IIRC. CDs are easier to read than DVDs etc.

If you google it you'll probably find a technical explanation for it.

yeah i mean on the hardware bit

When you right click your CD/DVD, click properties and then the hardware tab there are 3 different items. The same as in My Computer the CD/DVD drive is the one that says so under 'type'.

http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cddvddrivesq2.jpg

Not to take away from anybodies knowledge on this board, however, this forum would be a good place to ask these questions, I have found them to be awesome when needing advice.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/

Are you questioning my know how :mad: I have 90 years experience of fixing PCs and I know what I'm talking about!

Just pulling your leg ;) You can't go wrong with asking on a tech forum rather than here Joey19. But if you find a solution elsewhere can you post back here :thup:

Are you questioning my know how :mad: I have 90 years experience of fixing PCs and I know what I'm talking about!

Just pulling your leg ;) You can't go wrong with asking on a tech forum rather than here Joey19. But if you find a solution elsewhere can you post back here :thup:

Hehe. The funny thing is as I was writing it I was thought someone would definately come on here saying something along those lines :)

I would say your drive has a fault either in terms of hardware or the driver or something..

Hit Windows Key + Pause/break button near scroll lock and then go to the hardware tab and click on device manager... if there is a exclamation mark in there then its the driver. Go to a pc help forum i'm sure you'll find an answer there.

Archived