AI Experiment - If Every League was as Important as the Champions League

For this little AI experiment, I have used the default DB only editing the league reputations of every league and cup in Europe. The point of this is partly to test the impact of league rep on the club reps of smaller nations, but also to see what effects it may have on things like drawing power of smaller clubs and player transfer values.

In this experiment, every European top division was given a reputation of 20, 2nd tier was 19 and so on. Domestic cups were also given a 20 reputation with league cups given a 19 and so on for lesser cups. The reputation of the UEFA Cup and Intertoto Cup were also given a boost to 20.

The current simulation will be run over a course of several seasons. All European top divisions have been loaded while all leagues have been loaded from England, Germany and France (I don't have a super computer in which to load all divisions from every league unfortunately).

I do have a few predictions for this challenge:

1) The bigger leagues will continue to dominate Europe with their superior prize money, but smaller league champions will be able to get to the knockout stages of the CL and UEFA Cup more frequently.

2) Clubs from smaller countries will be able to hold onto their players easier because values will increase substantially and quality of competition will not be an issue for a player staying.

3) Promoted clubs from active lower divisions will be contenders for the league title the following season, while relegated clubs will drop like a rock through the divisions.

Predictions

1. How long will it take for a club starting outside the top 10/20/30 in the league coefficients to win a European competition?

2. In France/England/Germany, how long will it take for a team outside the top division to win their league championship?

3. Which nation will the Champions League winner come from in the first 3 seasons?

4. What will be the highest transfer fee paid by a club from a smaller nation in the first 3 seasons?

5. Will leagues with 1 dominant side come to dominate Europe faster than those with some amount of parity in the long term?

Any other predictions or theories I haven't covered here?

personally i reckon that:

1 - a long time

2 - a very long time

3 - England, Spain, England

4 - £10.75m

5 - no

basically the current quality of the sides (and reputations) imo will be enough to provide a superior lure for better players to stay at better clubs.

Having said that I am interested in seeing the results of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived