Reserve team

Hi all. New user. First post. I'm playing footie manager 08 and I'm struggling with players returning from long term injury. Once they are back in training I want them to play a few reserve games until Match Fit, but my assistant manager won't pick them because they favour fitter players. Is there anyway I can force him to pick someone without taking overall control of the reserve team?

He will pick them when they are fit enough for reserve football which should be fine to help them to recover. Reserve football is less demanding than 1st team football aswell.

What I do when a player is injured is send them to to "reserves until match fit". They will then get some reserve team football when they are ready, and also automatically come back to the 1st team squad when match fit.

someone correct me if im worng but you MAY be able to temporarily take control of the reserves, select all the players you wanted in the line-up and then give control back to your AssMan but this time clicking "Use Current (whatever it says)" . This may do the trick but I'm not completly sure.

i actually forgot that i had Vucinic at sevilla till the transfer window last season. he broke his leg and was out since the previous summer and i put him in the reserves "until match fit" and gave him a b team number immediately. i got a message in december of that year saying he was frustrated at the lack of 1st team football. understandable, but when i checked, he was still severely unfit. he'd played 1 cup game for the b team, who were in the lower leagues.

turns out he's my most consistant goalscorer.

hi all. New user. First post. I'm playing footie manager 08 and i'm struggling with players returning from long term injury. Once they are back in training i want them to play a few reserve games until match fit, but my assistant manager won't pick them because they favour fitter players. is there anyway i can force him to pick someone without taking overall control of the reserve team?
you can always take control of the reserves yourself thus ensuring that any player you want to play gets a game.

Archived