Wage Caps

Sorry probably not the place to post this but in light of the recent Man City takeover and the fact figures of £500,000 a week wages are been touted I think its time to restrict players contracts as per Rugby League and tie things in realistically with Club Revenue.

To all you City fans good luck with everything I'm not against City or in the past Chelsea and before them Blackburn buying the title but football is just becoming a whose richest farce now and the idea of players actually wanting to play for clubs is becoming a thing of the past and the only losers are the fans.

Let's stop football becoming a rich mans toy before a working class sport is well and truely destroyed.

i think this is more somthing you should write to fifa about

True but they are bought by money anyway, Just fishing to see what other fans feel mate thats all, I mean the dream in football fans is seeing there team win league or cup etc. But with rich boys and there toys the little guys will never get a sniff and even if a lower team unearths the next ronaldo he'll jump ship as soon as money is offered and be sat on a bench instead of been out on the park plying his trade (AKA Shaun Wright-Phillips (Man City Class Player, Chelsea Money$$$$$ Bench, Man City Class Player)).

Should be in the football forum, but in terms of FM I actually run a salary cap system in my game. The limit depends on the team, atm with FC Bayern the highest I will go is £45k, no matter who the player is, i've actually got rid of a lot of fan favourites purely because they expected more than I was willing to pay.

Wrong place, but...

If we cap in the UK, the best players will just go to Spain and Italy.

Only if all major nations cap at the same level will it actually work.

The cap would even then have to be a post tax cap. Otherwise the best players would end up where tax is lowest if there was a noticable difference.

Archived