The Team Selection.

If you go on holiday mode sometimes this Idea might apply to you.

I hate it when I want to play a specific team but if you go on holiday mode, your assistant manager will change it. However if you check the "Use current team selection when possible" it keeps that same 11 players unless an injury/red card occurs.

I would like an option to keep the team I pick but let the Assistant manager use the substitutes when they feel they are needed.

Thoughts? :cool:

I think what he's suggesting is that the Ass Man picks an 11 from your selected 18, rather than pick your designated 11 and use the subs you have selected. So a one of you players numbered 12-18 could start the game and number 7 would be on the bench, depending on the Ass Man's judgement of the game.

I think what he's suggesting is that the Ass Man picks an 11 from your selected 18, rather than pick your designated 11 and use the subs you have selected. So a one of you players numbered 12-18 could start the game and number 7 would be on the bench, depending on the Ass Man's judgement of the game.

Oh, I see. If thats the case the IMO you may aswell just untick that box.

I think the idea of that box is so that he follows what you think is your best 11.

I think the idea of a 'holiday' should be scrapped altogether.

When does this ever happen in real life? Arsene Wenger decides to have 5 months off during the season in order to become a Club Rep in Ibiza.

They should have a different option where you request to the board to have 'time off' for various reasons, and then they have the option of hiring a caretaker in your stead, who may or may not be offered the position full time when you return.

Taking away holiday in this is game is a ridiculous idea.

Why is it? What is its purpose? The most unrealistic part of the game.

If you're too busy to play, save it and quit, and carry on from where you were later.

If you want to speed time up for some peculiar reason, get yourself unemployed and then maybe 'holiday' should become available.

Holidaying while a manager of a club is stupid!

Why is it? What is its purpose? The most unrealistic part of the game.

If you're too busy to play, save it and quit, and carry on from where you were later.

If you want to speed time up for some peculiar reason, get yourself unemployed and then maybe 'holiday' should become available.

Holidaying while a manager of a club is stupid!

Isn't it for multiplayer games when one player can't make it?

Holiday is there for testing. Those regen tests? Done by holidaying.

Plus, Holiday is an optional feature. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it. I never understand why people feel so strongly about optional features.

If you don't like it, you don't have to use it. I never understand why people feel so strongly about optional features.

I dont feel that strongly about it. I wasn't going to petition to SI for it to be removed, I just find it rather a ridiculous inclusion! The same sort of thing when people saying they want an option to spend their earnt managerial money on stuff like cars etc..when it is wholly inappropriate for a managerial sim. People asking for that is not too far a step from saying 'I want my manager to be able to take a holiday mid-way through a season'.

As I said, the option for a holiday when a manager is unemployed is absolutely fine, by not when in charge of a club. The next step is for SI to have a drop down menu of destinations you would like to go, and redirect you to travel agents with special offers.

I think it would be better for the holiday thing to be kept in, but maybe the board becoming involved and threatening you with the sack if your away too long. Or if you ASS MAN is doing a good job, they promote him to your position permanently and fire you. That would be a nice touch.

The holiday feature isn't for the manager to actually go on a holiday though. Thats not what it means. Its not a gimmick idea like spending wages at all, it is for testing.

SI wouldn't know of many problems if it wasn't there because the community wouldn't be able to test as easily. I, myself have done an experiment and without this feature it would never have happened. My test (along with others) highlighted the problems with regens.

SI wouldn't know of many problems if it wasn't there because the community wouldn't be able to test as easily. I, myself have done an experiment and without this feature it would never have happened. My test (along with others) highlighted the problems with regens.

So what you're basically saying is that SI are not doing their job properly and are relying on paying customers to highlight the flaws in their product?

Interesting point. Although I feel you should be less harsh on SI because they put alot of work into these games and deserve not to be criticised by the likes of you.

So what you're basically saying is that SI are not doing their job properly and are relying on paying customers to highlight the flaws in their product?

Interesting point. Although I feel you should be less harsh on SI because they put alot of work into these games and deserve not to be criticised by the likes of you.

Wow. You should be in politics - you'd make a great Spin Doctor.

He isn't criticising SI at all.

SI actually thanks the gamers for pointing these things out, in order to make parts of the game better. We are all grateful that the SI team made this game, and feedback is what is expected with any game.

So mate stop trying to twist it around to suit your argument, when its clearly a pointless one.

Archived