Man City's tansfer Budget

• SI Staff
its transfer and if accurate would be ATLEAST £180million raging to £500million I would guess

I doubt that the transfer sum available will be anything like £500m, thats just press speculation imho*.

I'd expect that they'll end up spending very heavily in the first couple of seasons (like Chelsea did) and then settle down to making a couple of big-name purchases per season.

(haven't 'fixed' on a budget for them in FMH yet - was thinking in the £100m range personally)

*Although if they do put in a bid of £135m for Ronaldo like the BBC website mentioned was speculated ... I'll retune the game engine appropriately :D

some arab guys buying newcastle from mike ashley and he is the other brother of the city owner i think and he owns oil and telecommunications and will give king kev his job back and give him around 150 mill in transfer money in january if sucessfull and more later

lol newcastle might rival city at money. but mark huges wants to spend 80 million on michael essien and steven gerrard whhich both fit into his plans with gerrard in midfield bombing forward and then essien in the heart of midfield and hes going to pay them £500,000 PER WEEK. My god. using all that money to attract the stars and kaka might join city next summer if they get champions league football

i am guessing citys money is now testing footballers loyalty why can't there be more stars like franceso totti who is loyal and only stayed at roma even thought they have not won much. got to love that fella for being loyal to his country and club

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought the initial transfer budget was slightly reduced as obviously there have already been arrivals/departures before the manager takes charge. Example if I took charge at Man Utd, I would have Berbatov who is a new signing although I didn't sign him.

• SI Staff
"(haven't 'fixed' on a budget for them in FMH yet - was thinking in the £100m range personally)"

Thats far too low :(

I think it'll end up being 'about right' (possibly end up being tuned a tad higher but not much) ...

The 'record' spend in a single season was by Chelsea a few years back at £175.1m (and includes agents fees and signing bonus's bear in mind - real 'transfer' expenses as per FMH were about 20% lower - ie. approxmately £130m).

Man City have already spent some substantial money this season which is why I believe around £100m would be the correct amount for them to have in the first season in FMH.

I sincerely doubt that (despite newspaper speculation) Man City will blow ludicrous amounts of money into football (ie. even more ludicrous than the amounts spent by Chelsea ;) ) ... while their owner is undoubtably rich enough to do so he isn't stupid and to be honest why would be spend more money than is needed to create a competitive team?

its not just citys transfer budget that needs looking at i think uniteds does as well only starting with 17 million when weve spent 30+ for the last few summers

Agreed. Considering Liverpool and even Arsenal start with a greater budget than us generally, we should have a much larger budget. As European and English champions, we spent over £30 Million on Berbatov, and over £50 Million last season on Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves and £2 Million on Tevez. I reckon nearer to £25 - £40 is about right.

I think it'll end up being 'about right' (possibly end up being tuned a tad higher but not much) ...

The 'record' spend in a single season was by Chelsea a few years back at £175.1m (and includes agents fees and signing bonus's bear in mind - real 'transfer' expenses as per FMH were about 20% lower - ie. approxmately £130m).

Man City have already spent some substantial money this season which is why I believe around £100m would be the correct amount for them to have in the first season in FMH.

I sincerely doubt that (despite newspaper speculation) Man City will blow ludicrous amounts of money into football (ie. even more ludicrous than the amounts spent by Chelsea ;) ) ... while their owner is undoubtably rich enough to do so he isn't stupid and to be honest why would be spend more money than is needed to create a competitive team?

The company him and his brothers own has an estimated value of £490 Billion :eek: Now that's a costly business.

i laughed when i took over west Brom as it said they were "rich" on the team select screen but when i got my transfer budget it was something like 2 million!

I laugh when i choose Man Utd and it says 'Secure' or 'Ok' rather than Rich. I mean come on, how can Villa be rich and United secure if the game doesn't take into account real life debts??

• SI Staff
Agreed. Considering Liverpool and even Arsenal start with a greater budget than us generally, we should have a much larger budget. As European and English champions, we spent over £30 Million on Berbatov, and over £50 Million last season on Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves and £2 Million on Tevez. I reckon nearer to £25 - £40 is about right.

I'm in the middle of tuning all transfer budgets (and player values) amongst other things - don't worry these will hae risen since last version.

The company him and his brothers own has an estimated value of £490 Billion Now that's a costly business.

True enough - however realistically is he going to sink more than a small fraction of that into a football club?

I laugh when i choose Man Utd and it says 'Secure' or 'Ok' rather than Rich. I mean come on, how can Villa be rich and United secure if the game doesn't take into account real life debts??

The game does take into account real-life debts and the indication shown is in contrast to the club itself.

Hence Villa for a club their size are 'Rich' imho while Man Utd fettered by their starting debt are 'Secure' for a club of their stature.

I'm in the middle of tuning all transfer budgets (and player values) amongst other things - don't worry these will hae risen since last version.

True enough - however realistically is he going to sink more than a small fraction of that into a football club?

The game does take into account real-life debts and the indication shown is in contrast to the club itself.

Hence Villa for a club their size are 'Rich' imho while Man Utd fettered by their starting debt are 'Secure' for a club of their stature.

Wow, i didn't know the game took into consideration real life debts. you learn something new everyday. :D Also, looking forward to the game, I'm sure Yourself, Olly and the rest of the FMH team have done a fabulous job once again. Looking forward to spending my pennies :thup:

Archived