No reserve league in Italy?

F94

I'm just starting my second season with AC Milan and I have noticed that there is no Reserve League which I have been entered into. Is there a way to join one or get a lot of fixtures sorted for them without me having to arrange about 30 fixtures for it?

I'm just starting my second season with AC Milan and I have noticed that there is no Reserve League which I have been entered into.

How can you be entered for a competition that doesn't exsist? :confused: As Ter has said there is no reserve leagues in Italian football.

I'm just starting my second season with AC Milan and I have noticed that there is no Reserve League which I have been entered into. Is there a way to join one or get a lot of fixtures sorted for them without me having to arrange about 30 fixtures for it?

You have to loan out (or sell in a coownership) players.

If you want (and have enough patience) you could arrange 36 frendlies and let your reserves play those games

• SI Staff
If you want (and have enough patience) you could arrange 36 frendlies and let your reserves play those games

I always have my reserves playing the day after my main team have played

That's the youth league, not reserve.

But the fact that it's an Under-20 rather than Under-19 (Spain) or Under-18 (England) league, together with allowing over-20 players with a limit, suggests that it was always intended as a reserves league. Most youngsters will either be on loan or with a lower club by the time they hit 21, anyway.

The Primavera, to be accurate, is a cup competition. It's also been renamed the Trofeo Giacinto Facchetti in honour of the late Inter captain and president. I don't believe over 20's are allowed to play in it, but I may be wrong on that one.

The Primavera, to be accurate, is a cup competition. It's also been renamed the Trofeo Giacinto Facchetti in honour of the late Inter captain and president. I don't believe over 20's are allowed to play in it, but I may be wrong on that one.

the primavera is a league. the trophy given is the Trofeo Giacinto Facchetti.

the structure is different than in FM though. the teams are split up geographically into 8 groups and they play each other twice then the top two of each group qualify for the knock out phase which is played only in one venue.

then during carnival period there is the Torneo di Viareggio which is like the "world cup" for youth teams as over 150 teams all over the world play for this very prestigous honour.

the primavera is a league. the trophy given is the Trofeo Giacinto Facchetti.

the structure is different than in FM though. the teams are split up geographically into 8 groups and they play each other twice then the top two of each group qualify for the knock out phase which is played only in one venue.

then during carnival period there is the Torneo di Viareggio which is like the "world cup" for youth teams as over 150 teams all over the world play for this very prestigous honour.

Spot on.

In the Primavera league over-20 are allowed in the groups stage, wile in the play-off no over-20 are allowed.

And there are two others competition for Primavera, the Coppa Italia Primavera(it's like the Coppa Italia) and the Supercoppa Primavera played between the winners of Campionato Primavera and Coppa Italia Primavera.

Also the limit age is based on year of birth, for example this years (if i remember well) the cap is for players born in '89

• 4 months later...
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but how on earth do you keep your fringe players match fitness up without a reserve league? Most of my fringe players are over 30, due to the previous AI manager buying lots of old players.

arrange lots and lots of friendlies, i tend to do them on mondays and thursdays --wish there was an option for the ass man to do this tedious bit of the job for me..

Do you arrange friendlies between other clubs reserve teams?

I pick amateur teams to bring up my youngsters' forms, but you can pick anyone, really.

Consider going for, say, I think Scandinavian clubs whose seasons will be over halfway through the Italian season, and will take friendlies.

Archived