Reserve Game instructions

I believe this really should be in 09. I hate having to take control over reserve games to take my first team player off at a certain time. You should be able to put in a player in the reserve team and tell the assman how long you want him to play for. Would help massively to get players matchfit after injuries.

i play fm 2006 and i manage every single game in extended highlights! including youth team friendlies! just because a player isnt a first team player you shouldnt ignore him! you should take as much care over a youth team cup match as you would in a champions league game as far as im concerned.

i play fm 2006 and i manage every single game in extended highlights! including youth team friendlies! just because a player isnt a first team player you shouldnt ignore him! you should take as much care over a youth team cup match as you would in a champions league game as far as im concerned.

yes but manager of first team usually don't have that amount of time to take care of the reserves games not to mention youth teams

that's why assign my best coach or ass men with high tactical knowledge and motivation to take care of the reserve and youth teams

Good shout Eles, this could work very well when a player is coming back from a long-term injury and you want to gradually get them back in action, perhaps the instructions could involve telling the reserve team coach to bring your player off the bench for the last half hour if your reserves are crusing to victory etc etc.

I like it :thup:

It would also be good if you could give a request that your reserves and youth team mirrored the first team's tactics, to get them used to them for when the players step up to the first team.

You can already do this.

Go to your reserves/youth team tactics and select your first team tactics.

Then go to manager options and check "use current tactics/formation"

you must have a lot of time on your hands :)

I'd really like the option to set my starting lineup for Reserve matches, then skip the match itself. Beyond that, yeah, setting up the amount of time (or even pre-arranging a sub-in, e.g., "I want Joe JustBackFromInjury to sub on for Mike StartingStriker from the 60th minute") would be a great addition.

Archived