Disallowed Goals

I found that in FM 2008 that there was a lot more disallowed goals than there have been in any of the FM's before, i even got 4 disallowed goals in one game numerous times. I have to say that i think i must have averaged 1 disallowed goal every two games, which is really unrealistic, so my questions are:

Has anyone else experienced this

Has anyone heard of this complaint before?

And

Does anyone know is there are any changes on FM2009 relating to less disallowed goals

I found that in FM 2008 that there was a lot more disallowed goals than there have been in any of the FM's before, i even got 4 disallowed goals in one game numerous times. I have to say that i think i must have averaged 1 disallowed goal every two games, which is really unrealistic, so my questions are:

Has anyone else experienced this

Has anyone heard of this complaint before?

And

Does anyone know is there are any changes on FM2009 relating to less disallowed goals

Is your game patched to 8.0.2? It's significantly better in the final version, however there still are too many goals disallowed. I'm sure it's OK in FM 2009 as I don't think the problem exists in FML, which is the base for FM 2009 match engine.

• 1 month later...

I have a goal disallowed virtually every match, I've basically got used to it and just accept it.

The thing I find odd is- why do my players NEVER miss the target when they are offside?

(Yet they miss chance after glorious legitimate chance)

I got to the point where every time my commentary flashed for a goal, I paused for several seconds in complete fear that it may be offside, and 50% of the time it was!

Agree that patch 8.0.2 corrected the problem significantly though.

You can always tell instantly if its disallowed or not though by looking at the assistant. When it's legit they'll sprint right towards the half-way line. If it's chalked off they'll just stand there until the pop-up is displayed.

Or if you have sound on, the "cheer" is different.

Like a whispered "Yay" or something.

Or, you can tell when a goal will be disallowed because there is a slightly longer delay between when the ball crosses the line and the commentary starts flashing away.

Same with penalties, there is a slightly longer delay in how long it takes for the next penalty taker to start his highlight.

This is why I can't watch penalty shootouts. It frustrates me that I know my player is going to miss before he has even stepped up. I simply alt-tab and do something else for a few minutes.

The amount of goals dissallowed from corners was the bain of my life. Although its quite easy to tell, just before you score a goal that is to be disallowed, has anyone noticed the game freezes for a split second unlike normal goals where it runs smoothly. I've noticed it on 08 and 07

Archived