why so expensive in 2nd season

Honestly, this is one of the main flaws of FM08 in my books.

However, after seeing the last transfer period (though this applies to England only) I wonder if FM only predicted the transfer fee madness that we have seen. The fees for Keane or Bentley or this Belgian bloke are way beyond everything that anyone of us would have been ready to pay in FM...

The reason is because the players are playing either close to or bang on their potential ability as they improved in the first season so their clubs are less willing to let them go. They are asking for way too much though, so this should be fixed in 09.

In the meantime go for players whose contracts are running out, also try and find hidden gems. Try youngsters like Jose Baxter who was a legend for me as was Samaras who scored 40 goals last season for me.

How much would it take for you to sell your best players?

Why shouldn't the AI hold out for the same, when a player's happy and wanted?

I see people trying to defend this all the time but it is flawed. If 37m was offered for Fred IRL - he would be gone, simple as.

I can understand clubs telling you a high price when enquiring or bidding but the actual sale prices for most player is way above what it should be.

Personally, I've never really been involved in a big transfer so my views on this may be somewhat blighted. I think club reputation has something to do with this as well. If Fred played for a team in Norway for example, he will go for about £5-10m less than if he was at Man Utd. It's only the really BIG clubs that want huge money for their players hence why they are so rich.

Archived