Favoured personnel

Obviously its a bit late for additions to this years FM but I was just thinking of a couple of benefits that could be added. At the moment if another manager likes you there aren't many benefits apart from a greater willingness to sell players. However in real life you hear stories of managers doing more than that for each other, for example Ronnie Ekalund (sp?) going on loan to Southampton because of Cruyff and whoever managed Southampton at the time getting on. Likewise Benjani went to Portsmouth after a recommendation from Arsene Wenger.

So I was thinking it would be good if you could have a greater level of interaction with these friendly managers, asking for recommendations from them or offering them players on loan and maybe a slight boost to scouting knowledge of certain countries similar to the way affiliate clubs work.

This is sort of already in the game, as when you become a person's favoured personnel you gain some of their knowledge from their nation. So that is sort of them helping you with players.

But I do agree that this idea would be pretty cool.

you should be able to add your own favoured personell throughout the game

That can be abused, some people would add as many favoured personnel as possible so that get the benefits from it.

The only way it could work is if the person has you as favoured personnel already, or the manager "feels you could be friends" and even then there should be some kind of limit whether on the total number allowed or the number that can be set per season.

Archived