The Tight Chairman

Heres my first attempt at a challenge:

The Background:

1. Download the Susie Update (or you can use FM Weegie if its ever released lol)
  2. Find out who is the lowest ranked team in your region (Blue Square North/South) On mine, its Fleetwood (BSN)
  3. Go to the editor and swap this team with your most local small team (mine is Skelmersdale) MAKE NO OTHER CHANGES!
  4. Save game and start new game with this database and go the newly added team

The Challenge:

1. Your Chairman has given you a long term plan, you must go from being the lowest ranked playable team to number 1 by winning the domestic treble (Premiership, League Cup, FA Cup)
  2. If you manage the quadruple (Premiership, League Cup, FA Cup, Champions League) then you can truly call yourself the Ultimate Manager
  3. The winner is who can do this in the least amount of time available
  4. If 2 people complete within the same amount of seasons, the winner will be whoever concedes the least amount of goals throughout their career

The Rules:

1. You cannot ever spend more than £2.5million on any one player throughout your career
  2. You must not exceed spending more than £10million per season on transfers
  3. You cannot buy anyone whom you cannot scout
  4. You cannot take international management
  5. You cannot change teams
  6. If you are sacked, its game over

The Loose-ends:

1. You can only load the home nations leagues (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland) It doesn't matter how many of these leagues, but minimum of running the English league from Blue Square N/S upwards
  2. "Load all players from" option must be clear
  3. Fog of war must be enabled

If you are going to attempt this challenge, please post a message on here and let me know how you do.

Good luck

Guest roberto922

I was interested until:

1. You cannot ever spend more than £2.5million on any one player throughout your career
  2. You must not exceed spending more than £10million per season on transfers

Once you get to the top you should be able to spend as much of the money you've earned as you want.

If the rules were changed, then I believe that it wouldn't be as much a challenge as it currently stands. Lets face it, what's the likelihood of having £10m to spend when your in the lower leagues? So only having these rules when they don't matter isn't really a challenge, is it? By the time your in the Premiership, I'm sure that the players you like will be near the end of their contract anyway!

I like these rules, I'm giving it a go. I don't feel like these rules need to be changed but as people don't feel like they are good enough to complete this challenge ;) once your in the premiership, you can have a £5m per player budget with a £20m a season cap. I will be proceeding with the original figures though.

I don't want it to be as easy as some of the other "take a small club" challenges.

Guest roberto922

So we're not good enough beacause we don't want to be limited to £2.5 million per player p/a?(Which is less than you would pay for a good Championship player) I have no problem having a limit of £2.5 million per player until we get to the Premiership but that's OTT in the Prem.

Guest roberto922

''I don't want it to be as easy as some of the other "take a small club" challenges.''

Please don't say you're referring to Gundos challenge there :rolleyes:

Mike Ashley is tight as a ducks arse , but he still spent £10 million on Collocini and overall around £20 million this summer , the fact he was tight showed in the way he sold Milner £12m and recopued £21 million , so he made a net profit.

Maybse this should be the case for this challenge , that you have to stick to a net spend , instead of a fixed budget .

Mike Ashley is tight as a ducks arse , but he still spent £10 million on Collocini and overall around £20 million this summer , the fact he was tight showed in the way he sold Milner £12m and recopued £21 million , so he made a net profit.

Maybse this should be the case for this challenge , that you have to stick to a net spend , instead of a fixed budget .

WHS. I think a net profit of 'x' amount of British pounds would be better in the Premiership.

The database is found in the Susie thread of the Updates forum, I dont think im allowed to post links here.

The title of the challenge is The Tight Chairman, and the Chairman has decided that £5m per player is high enough when he quotes players like Tim Cahill and Joleon Lescott moving for less than £5m for the both of them!

He is hoping that you use the Youth Squad to bring through the players needed in the future ;)

Archived