New Ratings Scheme?

DB1

Hey guys,

Just been looking at the screenshots for 2009. Looking good. But on one of them its got player ratings on a match screen as 6.4, 6.3, 6.7 etc.

Has the ratings scheme had a revamp? Have we got extra levels than 1-10?

Could makes things much more complicated as the levels between e.g 6.2 and 6.3 are not much, maybe one bad pass. The stats could get very fiddly.

Hey guys,

Just been looking at the screenshots for 2009. Looking good. But on one of them its got player ratings on a match screen as 6.4, 6.3, 6.7 etc.

Has the ratings scheme had a revamp? Have we got extra levels than 1-10?

Could makes things much more complicated as the levels between e.g 6.2 and 6.3 are not much, maybe one bad pass. The stats could get very fiddly.

I believe that technically there is no change underneath in the engine. I think the ratings have always been calculated out of 1000 then divided down and rounded up/down. The change is simply a cosmetic. I would guess that if I am correct that there can still be a big difference between 6.2 and 6.3...about 100 points in the overall calculation.

EDIT: As someone who has played FML, which already incorporates this, I have found that one change is that is is harder to have a player above Ave Rating of 7.

As someone who has played FML, which already incorporates this, I have found that one change is that is is harder to have a player above Ave Rating of 7.

Absolutely, players seem to have to work a lot harder than in previous FMs to get good ratings, I think a lot of work has gone into the match engine since the release of 08 and it is great to see

It does make it easier to see the increase or decline of a players influence on the game as they change a lot more than the integer based system of previous games, combined with the fact that it is not as easy to get high ratings (quite rightly so IMO) it does add useful detail into the game

this is great news... that the players doesnt get high numbers all the time making their av rating very high goes is something i welcome. The decimals are also a nice improvement, giving more variety and know a little better who is playing good and who is not

Archived