Require super urgent help

I got a new laptop and installed FM 2008 onto it, and then installed Patch 8.01 and then Patch 8.02 for it. Now, when I transferred my Saved game over to it, it says the save game cannot load, and something about the database having to go to the original one?

If anyone can help, id gladly appreciate it, as this is the longest game of FM I have ever done!

Cheers

Were you using an edited database? If so make sure you've moved this to the new computer and put it in the correct folder. Btw you really didn't need to install the 8.0.1 patch. The 8.0.2 one would have done as it contains fixes that were in the previous version.

That warning won't have an effect unless you made major changes to a DB like swapping clubs etc. So if you really don't want to go through the uninstall/reinstall process just click OK when it says "something about the database having to go to the original one" and continue playing.

Then I refer you to rinso's previous post.

Your save game needs to match up version wise. If it is lower it will load but higher and it won't.

Alternatively maybe something happened when transferring so try copying the save game from your old PC to the new laptop but a different location. Then rename it and put it in the games folder.

Does the save game work on your old machine?

Archived