Will the "6+5" works in FM2009?

That's not a stupid idea. It's supported by a lot of clubs and chairmans in Europe and maybe one way to bring a better balance into the leagues, which will be otherwise dominated by billionaires in the future.

Good old sepp, you've got love him, if only for the fact that he is no clue about how football works. Whilst noble, the 6+5 rule would not work and has not anything but an idea at the moment so it won't be in the game.

It's not noble. It's discriminatory. In a meritocratic industry, talent and suitability for the job should be the primary consideration. If we want English people (in the English game) to fill that criteria more than they do, the emphasis needs to fall on the FA and the various clubs to bring it about. It should not be forced through by an arbitrary law that would be detrimental to human endeavour.

That's not a stupid idea. It's supported by a lot of clubs and chairmans in Europe and maybe one way to bring a better balance into the leagues, which will be otherwise dominated by billionaires in the future.

yeah but putting in the game now IS a stupid idea......

Seeing as it doesn't exist in real life, I can't see why it'd be in FM09.

Well,the premier league has 7 subs from this season on but FM2008 already had it.

"6+5" will be work in 2010/2011 by "4+7" as the first step,so I dout whether the 2010/2011 season in FM2009 will also take it.

It's not noble. It's discriminatory. In a meritocratic industry, talent and suitability for the job should be the primary consideration. If we want English people (in the English game) to fill that criteria more than they do, the emphasis needs to fall on the FA and the various clubs to bring it about. It should not be forced through by an arbitrary law that would be detrimental to human endeavour.

I agree.

The idea that it would help smaller clubs is complete nonsense as well. Just try playing FM as a small Russian club where they already have this rule and see how astronomical the prices are for half-decent Russians.

Well,the premier league has 7 subs from this season on but FM2008 already had it.

"6+5" will be work in 2010/2011 by "4+7" as the first step,so I dout whether the 2010/2011 season in FM2009 will also take it.

No, SI included the rule in the game once the Premier Legaue announced they were doing it. SI does not predict any new rules as they are not psychic.

Mike7077 (or whatever combination of numbers without being rude), whilst I agree with everything you say I do tink the intention of it is noble, although the intention of it and reality are completely different. Anyway, this is not the place to debate a non existent rule.

It would just make the clubs with the most money even more dominant as they would just pay for the best english players and they would obviously have top class foreigners whereas the smaller clubs would maybe have good foreigners surrounded by poor english players

Mike7077 (or whatever combination of numbers without being rude), whilst I agree with everything you say I do tink the intention of it is noble, although the intention of it and reality are completely different. Anyway, this is not the place to debate a non existent rule.

You wanted to be rude to me? :(

Anyway, I agree this isn't the place to discuss a non-existent rule. I also agree that there is something noble in wanting to help a country's youngsters be as good as they can and to increase their opportunities, as well as to try and aid the cause of the national team. I just find it hard to believe that that is what Blatter is thinking. I can't help but feel that what he really wants to do is hamstring English clubs so they aren't so dominant in Europe.

No, SI included the rule in the game once the Premier Legaue announced they were doing it. SI does not predict any new rules as they are not psychic.

I hope so.I think the world is just a big family ,so the rule that will break many good players' football dream is unacceptable.

No mike I'm not trying to be rude, just couldn't remember which order the numbers were in and quite clearly how to spell going off my last few posts. I do agree that it is likely Blatter has an alterior motive which brings me to soemthing I have suggested in the past, that people such as the head of fifa should be in the game and vocal. Seeing such people and debates in the game would IMO add an extra dimension to it and particularly improve the media.

I hope so.I think the world is just a big family ,so the rule that will break many good players' football dream is unacceptable.

The world is, alas, not a big family. At most, it's a fractured community. We share common interests, but much also sets us apart from one another. And it'll be a while before the attitude that each person's individual country is the "best" is gone.

No mike I'm not trying to be rude, just couldn't remember which order the numbers were in and quite clearly how to spell going off my last few posts. I do agree that it is likely Blatter has an alterior motive which brings me to soemthing I have suggested in the past, that people such as the head of fifa should be in the game and vocal. Seeing such people and debates in the game would IMO add an extra dimension to it and particularly improve the media.

Now that's a good idea!

The world is, alas, not a big family. At most, it's a fractured community. We share common interests, but much also sets us apart from one another. And it'll be a while before the attitude that each person's individual country is the "best" is gone.

We build attitude not reality,especially sports.

i think it would be a good idea if it goes on the database and if we want it in the game, then simply click the box coz basically, i like the idea of having 6+5 rule. the english game is being dominated by foreigners!

You could just pretend that there is a 6+5 rule and only field 5 foreigners at a time.

Or you could play a game in Russia where they already have a similar rule.

i think it would be a good idea if it goes on the database and if we want it in the game, then simply click the box :) coz basically, i like the idea of having 6+5 rule. the english game is being dominated by foreigners!

If you like it that way then why not just sign English players? I do this sometimes when I decide to play in the Premiership.

i think it would be a good idea if it goes on the database and if we want it in the game, then simply click the box :) coz basically, i like the idea of having 6+5 rule. the english game is being dominated by foreigners!
That's the best idea in this thread, it should be programmed into the game (coming into effect gradually just like FIFA said) but users can choose when they start the game (via a tick-box in the same place as "Use Real Players", etc) whether they want it to come into effect or not.

As for pretending the rule is in effect… that's a silly idea because I'm sure everyone who wants this rule in the game wants the AI teams to be affected by it too, and that's not possible without it being programmed in.

For the record, I think this rule is a great idea and I really hope it is implemented in real life.

I'm the same. I absolutely refuse to sign any English players. I haven't had an Englishman in my team since 01/02 when I briefly managed United.

I'm not as extreme as that. I just refuse to protect English players. I just want the most talented players and if they're foreign, so be it. Serves my country right for having such a pathetic youth setup.

Despite the fact I was kidding, I do still prefer the Premier League. Don't get me wrong, I love slumming it down at Haig Avenue (Southport), but without the quality of the top flight, I'd get a bit desperate. I'm not saying I love the money and the diving and the histrionics and rolling around on the floor. But I would sure as hell miss the quality if they took it away.

Restrictions in the lower leagues of Germany (Regionalliga) and Switzerland do work very well. The same in Italy.

The main point is not to have more British players in the Premier League (it is a positive side effect), the most important point is that every club has to invest in their talents.

But to be honest, I think only an american like draft system in the leagues could make this rule really role.

England as a national team are dyer atm, with more foreigners comeing into the english leagues it will only make it harder for younger british talent to show there full potential because some foreigner has taken his place in the team. Look at how england has done in recen competitions since more and more foriegners have joined our leagues, very poor since the good old days we all hear about of 66 when we ruled the world.

England as a national team are dyer atm, with more foreigners comeing into the english leagues it will only make it harder for younger british talent to show there full potential because some foreigner has taken his place in the team. Look at how england has done in recen competitions since more and more foriegners have joined our leagues, very poor since the good old days we all hear about of 66 when we ruled the world.

In the 1970s, England were poor. In the 1980s, England were better, but not that great. In the 1990s, England were average. And in all those eras, the number of foreigners in our leagues was not that high. It was growing in the '90s, yes. But it was a far cry from today.

It's too easy to blame foreigners. The likes of Wayne Rooney, Joe Cole, Theo Walcott, Michael Carrick, Steven Gerrard etc etc show that it is possible to play at the very highest level in England and be English. It's not as if there's tonnes of potential world-beaters failing to get through whilst the likes of the aforementioned do. Those are the best English players to emerge (well, not all of them, but some of them!). To truly compete on an international stage, we need to improve how we introduce kids to football. We need to end the ludicrous farce of eight year old kids playing on full-size pitches with big, bald blokes standing on the touchlines hurling abuse at the refs and egging their offspring on to "dig in" and "get stuck in". We need to encourage individual talent and help all our youngsters become more comfortable with a football at their feet. It'll take a long time, but if we do that, more and more clubs will eventually come across technically gifted young people and they will snap them up and churn them out. Gradually, we'll depend less on foreign players. And just imagine. We'll possibly even eventually be able to develop players like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo or Messi, but with the English spirit!

Archived