will you play friendlies now on fm 09

Will you play friendlies now in 09 with 3D  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Will you play friendlies now in 09 with 3D

not necessary...... people might consider them irreverently small changes in fitness and form or just simply avoiding them to create more time actually playing in competition

shortly to reduce proceeding time

it depends on how you aboard the game

If you don't play friendlies your players will not get match fit. If they don't get match fit their condition will drop faster in your opening matches (there might be effects of match fitness on performance directly but that's more speculation based on how I would expect it to work). When condition drops your players attributes as you see them in their profile take a 'hit'. So your Finishing 20 striker won't have 20 going into the calculation that decides if he scores or not.

If you line up some easy friendlies and use the right team talks you can go into the new season with strong morale. Don't agree that this is how it should work but since it does that's what I do.

So knowing those two things why would you not play them? Unless of course you like the challenge :) Incidentally I'd like to see the AI teams be more proactive with friendlies with respect to improving match fitness.

I tried letting my assistant take care of them but he left a few players low on match fitness and annoyed a few with his team talks. Since then I play them myself.

I play a couple of easy friendlies to get the players going. Then two against tough opposition, usually Premiership reserve teams so we are used to playing good teams, then a couple of easy, but harder than the first friendlies, so morale is high at the start of the season.

i always arrange friendlies to get the fitness up but i only play them myself when

-i just took over a new team to get a first impression of the players

-i bought multiple new players again to get an impression

-i am trying out new tactics to see what works and where i need tweaking

-i feel like it. this is ramdomly usually against opposition of similar or higher stature as my team where i can expect a decent match.

if nothing of the above applies i just go on holiday and let my ass man handle them.

Same here. I don't know why people don't take control of them. Lack of commitment maybe?

My point exactly, the frendlies are there as a pre season warm up, not just for the players but for the manager too, for me, it is good to use them as a way to get your game head back on after the wheelings and dealings of the transfer market

What i don't get is why having 3D is going to make you play friendlies!!?

Not as if you'll run out of games to use it in.

I'm guessing he's talking about when he first gets the game. With 08 he skipped past friendlies as he wanted to play a competitive match but with the 3D he won't have the patience and will jump straight in to see what it looks like.

i always play 1 or 2 each year, to test how my new players would fit. scheduled one against man utd this year, beat them 3-2 and settled on that formation and tactics combo. worked for sevilla so far...

i'll probly do the same on 09, 3d or whatever. i always do that in my first match of every version.

Archived