Why is it always a white dude?

I've noticed that on the FM cover, its always a white guy carrying the ball. Just a thought... why don't I ever see a black dude... or even Asian... heck maybe even a hot female manager on the cover, LOL!. Curious...

Maybe SI can release some special limited edition covers featuring hot female figures carrying the ball. hehehe.

God no, I'm sick and tired of every company resorting to using blonde bimbo's to sell their products

Yeah exactly, in fact it has been scientifically proven that nowadays it actually doesn't work anymore, because of a psychological phenomenon called "overexposure", meaning that when being exposed to something arousing too often, it doesn't stimulate you anymore.

In other words: The term "sex sells" can be put in the bin when it comes to advertising, because it's done too much.

I'm not making a racist issue. Its just a thought. Maybe next time they could add a black dude or Asian dude. Just for variety. Its always been a white dude to my observation.

but why? that would be making it perfectly clear that race was a factor in the decision but race and FM should be kept well apart. if they were to do so it would be PC gone waaaaaay too far. personally, i think your being unreasonable. maybe in the next 50 Cent video, he should have to show at least one white person?

Nah, I don't think it is.

I'm guessing, a European looking kinda guy just represents what most managers look like. Kind of a marketing strategy. But thats just an educated guess.

che guevra is european? shut up being so bloody stupid will you?

put your race card back in the deck....nobody likes to see it played.

Yeah exactly, in fact it has been scientifically proven that nowadays it actually doesn't work anymore, because of a psychological phenomenon called "overexposure", meaning that when being exposed to something arousing too often, it doesn't stimulate you anymore.

In other words: The term "sex sells" can be put in the bin when it comes to advertising, because it's done too much.

I disagree. Goodman St. has the highest car accident rate in the history of my town cuz of a billboard in the cross road portraying a sexy woman and her deodorant. The company was sued but won the case though.

I still think it works. Of course, it won't really convince you to buy a product, but it WILL get your attention; to say the least.

che guevra is european? shut up being so bloody stupid will you?

put your race card back in the deck....nobody likes to see it played.

Please, I'm not making a racist issue. Be reasonable. Its just a thought. Since when was a thought ever a crime? Chill out dude. I haven't insulted or offended anyone here, so why are you cursing at me?

All I'm saying is maybe they could have a different looking manager on the cover for once. Its just that. I'm not saying that the cover being used now is bad at all.

What gives? Sheesh.

It's a perfectly valid question. Every year it's a white guy. Is it wrong to ask why? It's not the same as saying SI should use a black/Asian/Polynesian etc. manager sometimes. It's just asking the question. My feeling is that the answer is that SI try to make the guy on the front fit in with the way we perceive your average football manager, at least in the English leagues.

I apologize if there are any sensitive issues I brought up on this topic. I didn't mean to offend anyone, and I never thought it would turn out into a racist issue. I was just throwing my head around, and was not being careful. I will try to be more careful next time I open my topic. To those who think I was bringing out a racist topic, I'm very sorry. It was not my intention at all.

SOME ONE PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC.

This is my fault really.

Archived