International Ranking Changes

yeh they do...

when i play as a big international team i like to play my friendlies against the teams in the 10th - 20th range so i can win and get my ranking up :) when im near the top i always try to arrange one with the people who are 1st so i can knock them off their perch :D

Friendlies are taken into account. There is a competition importance factor for how many points you get. You will get 4 times more points for beating Brazil in the World Cup than you would for beating them in a friendly.

Also the reason that you drop after winning is due to several things like maybe teams below you bet someone better. England would not get as many points for beating Andorra than Andorra would if they beat England. Also you lose your points after a certain time like for example the points Greece got when they won Euro 2004 are now not included in the amount of points they have as it is more than 4 years ago since they won it.

When I managed England I took them to 1st after winning the 2010 World Cup but couldn't hold onto first because of the fact while I was playing friendlies against Armenia and San Marino, Argentina and Brazil in 2nd and 3rd respectively were playing World Cup qualifiers and Copa America games. Mind you that's what happens in real life so the realism is there :)

when they won Euro 2008 are now not included in the amount of points they have as it is more than 4 years ago since they won it.

4 years since they won 2008, eh??? hmmm... too many all-nighters methinks, jod!! :D:p

The method is simple - ranking are counted based on matches played within X years. So if you are San Marino and lose with Andorra 0:5 on 2.5.2008 and lose with France 0:1 3 years ago, you'd probably gain placed because lost with high rep. club with tiny country is worth much more. So you can also play France and win with England, Brasil and Italy, but if you got smacked by Andorra 3 years ago in the same time, you'd have less points in those 3 years time.

If it's too complicated, I'd try another way.

On 1st May 2008 the ranking is based on all matches throughout previous X years (I don't remember the exact years counted). So it would be ranking from 1st May 200X to 1st May 2008. On next day it would be 2nd May 200X. You have to see what was your games in the time of your game to predict, if you'll have more or less points in this X-year period.

Archived