[IDEA] Initial Profile Views

I'm a big fan of stats, figures, numbers and all that jazz when it comes to FM, but something I feel is missing is viewing the initial profile of a player when he is first "born".

I understand this can't be done for players already in the game.

The reason I'd like this is just because I'd like to compare attributes on my players from when they were first born, and the attributes section in the training category only goes back 12 months.

What does everyone else think?

How is it? I could take a screen shot of my player form day 1, and then compare him all through his career, its just a lot of work. And Eles Gergo, I'm not asking to see what his stats are going to be like when they are maxed out. I want to see him as a crappy 16 year old, so that when he's 20 I can look back on his 16 year old profile and see how much gains he's made. That has nothing at all to do with seeing the P.A of a player :confused:

Nep. I'm not sure I get what you mean.

I'll explain it better.

In FM I'd like to see...

John Adams - Initial Profile - Just as like a drop down menu on his profile screen. so the when we have John Adams - 23 years old - I can see the differences in his attributes, see where he's made the most gains, so perhaps I need to change his training or positioning to better suit where his attributes are going.

I like that idea, I'm a sad statto as well mate. However I can see that a) it wouldn't be a feature with a high enough demand and b) would take up space or something of that nature. Maybe an option could be added similair to the "show effects of training" feature that actually shows a value rather than just a green or red arrow?

Then maybe aside of a whole profile pic, just the option that where you have "Show recent effects of training" - you could have "Show initial stats". That way, theres not 350,000 more "profile" pages.

Perfect solution really. But we still have the 'problem' of the extra line in the database to keep this info. Maybe scrap some of the monthly info in exchange? I'm with you. I want to see a player over 5 years much more than over 12 months.

Unfortunately I think the fact is that Genie Scout and other programs of that nature are the easiest way for people interested in stats and development in terms of CA/PA and potential attributes etc.. so they may be the only way to "track" these stats. I'm not ashamed to say I use these programs (when they work!) but I ONLY use them for viewing in-game stats not to alter them. I just can't see a trouble-free way of implementing similair history points in the game, even though I'd like to see them.

Considering we have development graphs, I don't see why SI can't extend that feature a little so you can track development over years, see different scales etc.

Ditto finances really.

Now that's completely different and a great idea.

There could be different options tabbed.

View in 12 week period.

View in 12 month period.

View in 12 year period.

Maybe it's keepinig this information for each player that is in the database that would be a problem though.

I don't really know the ins and nouts of it but I can imahine it would be a lot of extra memory used up.

Possibly the answer would be for the info to only be stored on players while they are at a himan managed club. That wasy the impact on memory usage wouldn't be that big at all.

I have to admit I like the idea of a longer term view of finance graphs especially:thup:.

Now that's completely different and a great idea.

There could be different options tabbed.

View in 12 week period.

View in 12 month period.

View in 12 year period.

Maybe it's keepinig this information for each player that is in the database that would be a problem though.

I don't really know the ins and nouts of it but I can imahine it would be a lot of extra memory used up.

Possibly the answer would be for the info to only be stored on players while they are at a himan managed club. That wasy the impact on memory usage wouldn't be that big at all.

I have to admit I like the idea of a longer term view of finance graphs especially:thup:.

FML has in a place a player progression tab. You can pick up to 3 attributes and see a graph showing the value every season since the game starts. It would be nice if this was in FM09.

Considering we have development graphs, I don't see why SI can't extend that feature a little so you can track development over years, see different scales etc.

Ditto finances really.

I had this thought a couple of months back - i was trying to compare my media income compared to what signings i'd made, however it only goes back a few years hence my research was useless.

Excellent idea, not sure why it isn't in the game already (both for finance and development) unless it takes up too much HD space?

Great idea Nepz, i think it should be introduced would also give you more of an idea of whether it is worth using the same training techniques for other youngsters or if you need to change them.

And worth noting whether the player has improved enough to get more first team games etc.

And you do realise that player is absoloutly crap! Even for a blue square premier team he is very poor, im wondering how he ever got a u21 cap!

Ditto finances really.

brilliant!! i'd love to see this in, i never keep track of players atm, mainly cos im too lazy to keep taking screenies, saving them, and then comparing them later on, but, if the graphs idea could be implemented, that'd solve all that!!

Great idea Nepz, i think it should be introduced would also give you more of an idea of whether it is worth using the same training techniques for other youngsters or if you need to change them.

And worth noting whether the player has improved enough to get more first team games etc.

And you do realise that player is absoloutly crap! Even for a blue square premier team he is very poor, im wondering how he ever got a u21 cap!

I know, but he's to do with a youth project that I'm doing where I give a youth player first team football no matter how good or bad he is.

Archived