Just an idea...

I was thinking that maybe if you are unemployed or looking for a new job, that if you watch a match of a club you have been linked with, then there would be something in the press about it like "So and so was seen at Stadium X. This confirms reports that so and so is interested in becoming the new manager of Club X, putting even more pressure on current manager Joe Bloggs."

Something along those lines.

There is a "Declare interest in job" option already on the team squad pages of a club if the manager is under pressure.

True but actually going along to games would add to the speculation and I think this would be a good thing.

Yes, I've seen it happen.

Really? I've seen managers sit in the stands of clubs they're about to become manager of. But I've never heard of Manager A going along to watch Club X because he is interested in managing them.

Is it? So watching a match because you've agreed to take the reigns at a club and watching a match because you are hoping to do so is the same thing?

Sometimes it is not really clear that they have agreed to join the club. A lot of it is speculation. I have to say it is a great idea. It only enhances the game this option IMO

It is not a great idea as it does not have a basis in reality, when a prospective manager is seen at the club's stdium it is more or less always confirmation that he is in negaotiations with them. The manager turning up by himself to apply for the job is not the same thing and does not happen.

Sometimes it is not really clear that they have agreed to join the club. A lot of it is speculation. I have to say it is a great idea. It only enhances the game this option IMO

No, it's always clear. A manager agrees to manage a club, but not in time to take charge. So he sits in the stands for that game. But no manager to my knowledge has ever been spotted in the stands of a club he is interested in managing. For one thing, if the club still has a manager, it would be very unprofessional!

Archived