The FA Cup in FM09

WH

I often play lower league football in England.

I have found that there seems to be no buzz surrounding the fa cup in Fm08. The crouds seem to be the same or less than that of league matches. Even when a leage club comes along the crowd hardly grows.

I find this unrealistic. In real non league football the FA Cup really is special. Recently my local team King's Lynn got to the first round(which was a huge deal) We had an average attendance of around 1000. We drew Oldham Athletic at home. 5400 turned up for the game which was in the paper every day for a week building up to it, Sky T.V. and Radio 5 covered it. We lost 2-0 but everyone was talking about it for a week after. On fm08 my Woking side drew crewe. 2000 turned up, the game hardly got a mention and the normal croud is 1800.

Will the FA Cup mean more on FM09.

I've always found the crowds tend to be significantly higher but only if I draw a Premiership/Championship or occasionally a League One team. Would be nice to see a bit more media surrounding it and possibly comments about how the players are enjoying the extra attention from the locals leading up to/after the game

it'd be nice, if you were a lower league team, to have the FA Cup as more of an "event" than it was in '08. press conferences and increased media in the run up to it, and the supporters spokesman could be giving you feedback about the increased attention from folk in the town etc. it'd just make it seem that bit more special.

same kind of thing for the european nights with the big boys.

Archived