[FM08] - Stupid Player to Staff roles....

I've just employed my second player from Playing staff to backroom staff. Something that I love to do, but haven't done often. The first guy I had, was a player from my youth team who played for the first team for 19 years before becoming a physio. His "Physio" bar was full, but his physiotherapy stat was only 12, while his attacking stat, man management and a few others were >15. Obviously, I could clearly see he was better suited as a coach, where he could train my players in attacking. He would not, and still wont sign a "Coach" deal, no matter how much money I offer him.

Now, I've just employed another player who joined my club in 2008, played through until 2020, before leaving, only to return in 2024, before leaving again in 2025 and having his 3rd spell at the club in 2029-30. His physio stat is 1. His physio bar is full. His coaching attributes are fantastic, yet his coaching bar is less than a quarter full. He refuses to sign a coaching contract and too will only sign a physio contract. :mad:

Why does this happen. Its clear they are better suited to Coaching roles, but refuse to do so, no matter how much money I offer them.

I once had a great goalkeeper retire with great coaching attributes. Fitness 18, Attacking 20, Technique 20, GK Coaching 16, etc. I would have offered him a coaching role, but he would only accept fitness coach, gk coach or ass man. His JPA and JPP were too low for an ass man role, my GK coach had Coaching GKs 20, and my fitness coach had fitness 20. Most annoying.

Archived