league reps idea

Ok just woundering if it would be possible if League reputations would go upo in future games of FM if two or more teams where doing well in their contential competitions over 3 or 4 years. In Scotland we're attracting bigger players after 5 years of half decent performances by the old firm and last season aberdeen in Europe

They do improve, just not to the degree that many FMers would like. You will attract fairly good players to Scotland, but you won't see Messi or Ronaldinho or Fabregas signing until the autumn of their careers.

Look at the French league in real life. The clubs have a little success, with players like Essien and Drogba firing them to the Champions League finals/semis (I forget) and what happens? They can't wait to leave.

I agree that they should improve more than they do, but if you play as manager in Scotland or Ukraine you really shouldn't be able to attract the top players without either amassing an unrealistic amount of cash (which you can in FM08) or cheating with editing programmes. At least not for decades.

I think the complaint is, the league reputation does not improve, even if you have decades worth of success.

I haven't seen any posts or data that contradict that assertion - and I watch for it pretty closely!

I don't think this is an issue for the average FM player, but for those of us who love a long-term career outside of the biggest nations, or who play extended multi-player careers, it does become an issue.

backpackant. League reputation doesn't change but national structure reputation does, (I think I have that the right way round).

So the English structure, (all the English leagues as a group), has a reputation that is variable.

Within that though there is the English Premier League. This has a rigid reputation that cannot change.

It's not just the reputation that i want to be variable, (linking it to continental coefficients was something that we suggested further back then I care to remember), but I want it to have significant and far-reaching knock-on effects such as influencing attendances, sponsorship, wages, just about everything that is in the current model.

Now I'm no programmer, but if we are not asking for more money to be in the system, just that it be shared aroround slightly differently, then I would have thought that this was achievable.

Total money in FM = 100%

Would need to split the money % wise between the various continents, (shouldn't be an issue).

Total money in Europe = Total amount of coefficient.

Total money to English clubs = English % (relative to European coefficient).

Total money to English Champion = existing % of new total amount arrived at by coefficient %.

There are loads of things that I would like to see done in FM that I think aren'r really realistic, (or at least with my limited knowledge I don't think they are), but this really isn't one of them.

It's a shame that the old threads are gone Amaroq because we have been party to some corkers on this subject over the years.

I know this topic has been brought up numerous times, but wth, I want to add my :b to the idea. Watching the game over a couple of decades could be vastly more entertaining if there were some drifts of structure reputation, as there most certainly are IRL.

You're not missing much, tbh - its mostly been "I hate this idea", "I love this idea", "I don't see how this could work", and "Here's how it could work" .. but very little follow-on information from SI. As expected - anybody who knows has their heads down cranking on bug-fixes at the moment!

I know this topic has been brought up numerous times, but wth, I want to add my :b to the idea. Watching the game over a couple of decades could be vastly more entertaining if there were some drifts of structure reputation, as there most certainly are IRL.

Now structure reputation does change.

The only thing is that when you have a succesfull group of clubs that force the coefficients, & their own reputations up, the static reputation of the Premiership drags them back down again.

SO it's a little bit like taking 3 steps forward and then being dragged back 2 steps because he Premiership reputation, (bad example), has impacted and reduced it.

Having said all this, it wasn't so long ago that all reputation was static so at least they are moving in the right direction.

Now structure reputation does change.

The only thing is that when you have a succesfull group of clubs that force the coefficients, & their own reputations up, the static reputation of the Premiership drags them back down again.

SO it's a little bit like taking 3 steps forward and then being dragged back 2 steps because he Premiership reputation, (bad example), has impacted and reduced it.

Having said all this, it wasn't so long ago that all reputation was static so at least they are moving in the right direction.

you word that like me on a night out but its the best way to back up my point.

Archived