3D - Finally some help with the penaltys

Well, wait for the game before cheering about that. Could be, hopefully, but could also be just as undecidable as before.

At least you ll see if your player was actually close to the other guy. I had situations in FM 08 when my player got a red card while he was 1 inch away from the other dude. ( 1inch in 2d space) :))

Yeah...always went for no comment on that one, offsides you could tell but who knew if it was a foul?!

That made that part a useless feature. Strange they have implemented it. But maybe now we can see more, but maybe not. If not, I'd rather see it removed as it is useless.

I can see why they implemented it because nearly all post-match interviews contain questions about any controversial incidents that happened in the match. Hopefully there will be some animations to show clear fouls and slight contact.

I doubt you'll see any more than you used to. Two players coming together will be about it, but actually getting Sky Sports/MotD replays to check exactly what happened just won't be the case. From the screenshots to date, I don't think handballs will be clear cut either.

The 3D graphics, at the moment, just look like a slightly better animation, but essentially it's still 2D in terms of detail. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see it, but it's not quite as revolutionary as many here are thinking it will be. One day, perhaps.

I doubt you'll see any more than you used to. Two players coming together will be about it, but actually getting Sky Sports/MotD replays to check exactly what happened just won't be the case. From the screenshots to date, I don't think handballs will be clear cut either.

The 3D graphics, at the moment, just look like a slightly better animation, but essentially it's still 2D in terms of detail. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see it, but it's not quite as revolutionary as many here are thinking it will be. One day, perhaps.

I agree that it is still using the animations of the 2D match engine in 3D form but these animations might show more in 3D than in 2D and with the option to rewind and view the incident from many camera angles, it should help erradicate any doubt over a controversial decision.

Will probably still need to make a judgement based on player reaction and comments that it looked harsh.

Based on the comments i ve applealed countless times. Never got a revocation of the red card.

More than that i got suspended a couple of times, and one step away from being sacked:)

Based on the comments i ve applealed countless times. Never got a revocation of the red card.

More than that i got suspended a couple of times, and one step away from being sacked:)

I'll admit, I've always said no comment. Saying otherwise was just asking for trouble.

Which is probably what the FA want to happen IRL. :D

Archived