There are currently a lot of discussions on this board about realism, we should be trying to get as reaslistic a game as possible. One thread on here is about people staying at a club for a long time, and another is about teams getting better and better as the game goes on....

What i'm saying is MOST managers IRL don't stay at top clubs for long periods and arguements with chairmen or fans should occur more.

Also, many clubs stay in mid-table mediocrity for decades and this should still be the case in FM. It should be up to the manager to move clubs in most cases in order to move up the leagues.

Am I right?

WHy shoudl it be as realistic as possible, must remember its a game and not being able to stay for seasons with one club and not being able to take any team to the very top would stop a lot of people playing, myself included.

I am all up for features being made realistic but nothing shoudl interfer with the game part of the game!

yes but i think the game at the moment makes clubs automatically improve to quickly.

Surely if in the real managerial world, managers dont stay at clubs forever, then in a game about that world, the same thing should happen.

dont get me wrong, if your at the top of your game, you can stay forever, but I have never seen a flawless manager (Sir Alex has come under pressure a few times)

WHy shoudl it be as realistic as possible, must remember its a game and not being able to stay for seasons with one club and not being able to take any team to the very top would stop a lot of people playing, myself included.

I am all up for features being made realistic but nothing shoudl interfer with the game part of the game!

i agree with this.

there has to be a balance between how realistic a game can get and the fun that is involved in the game. IF it was as 'realistic' as in real life, people would be getting sacked every couple of seasons and it would just be anoyying to have to build your team again. You have to remember that the manager simulation game is exactly that. A GAME. Games are meant to be fun and not anoying and stressful (well kinda). IF it wasnt fun i could see alot of people quitting the game and moving on.

Ps. If you want it to be exactly like irl, they should make it so you can only watch the games since most of us dont have the qualification to manage a big club. It would be like watching the game on TV !!!!!

No.

It should be up to the gamer to decide how they play the game and it should not be forced on them in the name of realism.

But the game DOESN'T let you choose how to play. There is no 'difficulty setting' car which club you choose. It automatically will let you stay at clubs for 10's of years. Maybe we need some kind of realism setting?

I'm not saying every league should be the same but people tend to stay in charge of LL clubs longer than premiership clubs.

But that's just the way they want to play the game, if you don't want it to be like that then don't play like that. There's no need for it to be implemented if the "problem" is avoidable and based on gamer choice. Lots of people use the editor or FMM, I don't because I think it's unrealistic, doesn't mean it should be removed, all I have to do is ignore it.

Similar to your point, I think teams should have wage structures and wage limits, but it doesn't need to be put in the game because if I want to operate one I can.

But the game DOESN'T let you choose how to play. There is no 'difficulty setting' car which club you choose. It automatically will let you stay at clubs for 10's of years. Maybe we need some kind of realism setting?

I'm not saying every league should be the same but people tend to stay in charge of LL clubs longer than premiership clubs.

What are you talking about?

Firstly, you can make the game as easy or as difficult as you want. If you want it easy pick a decent club, set your reputation to ex international and then if needed download tactics and 3rd party programmes to make it even easier.

If you want it difficult you pick a really crap team in a low league and work your way up.

Secondly, the game does not just let you stay at any club for more than 10 years every time. Plenty of people get sacked for poor performance or for setting their pre-season expectations too high. That's without the odd board takeover pushing you out of a job. On the other side of the coin are you saying that players who do well and don't fall victim to either of the above are forced out of a club just for the sake of realism? How many annoyed people do you think that will cause, especially those who enjoy long term games.

Poor ideas I'm afraid, the realism levels in the game are just right and you should never sacrifice fun for realism.

What are you talking about?

Firstly, you can make the game as easy or as difficult as you want. If you want it easy pick a decent club, set your reputation to ex international and then if needed download tactics and 3rd party programmes to make it even easier.

If you want it difficult you pick a really crap team in a low league and work your way up.

Secondly, the game does not just let you stay at any club for more than 10 years every time. Plenty of people get sacked for poor performance or for setting their pre-season expectations too high. That's without the odd board takeover pushing you out of a job. On the other side of the coin are you saying that players who do well and don't fall victim to either of the above are forced out of a club just for the sake of realism? How many annoyed people do you think that will cause, especially those who enjoy long term games.

Poor ideas I'm afraid, the realism levels in the game are just right and you should never sacrifice fun for realism.

Yeah ultimately most people will be dissatisfied if they cannot stay in charge of their favourite club ad infinitum.

Also, there's many many people who just want to wing big, buy big, and not have any obstructions to doing so. The furore over Man City apparently being rich despite not actually owning any of this new found dosh themselves is testament to the large number of people who just want an arcade style win-with-ease type of game.

A lot of feedback in my thread on player values is related to people simply wanting to see a price as it's easier, and that easiness blinkers them to the fact that the pricing is all wrong.

Personally, I like a challenge and feel that much of what you say is right, but there are many casual gamers who would disagree.

i think there is and always will be a big difference in the AI's realism and the users realism. If you were at a club for 20 years, winning every trophy in sight, and building a world-beating team...and then the chairmen chucks you out; you'd be pretty annoyed and upset. SI realises that it needs to keep its customers happy whilst they are playing the game- so SOME things will be unrealistic.

However, when the AI teams (your Boltons, Villa's, Man CItys of 08) begin to shoot up the league table and overthrow the top-four, as soon as the year 2009, i think this is unrealistic and shouldn't happen quite so bluntly as it does now. I mean of course teams (like we are about to see IRL with Man City) will gradually begin to contend with the top-four but it should be as realistic as possible, not seemingly overnight like we've seen happen on 08. of course, this is all to do with the AI. If the player was to take over one of these clubs of course we want to become successful in as short time as possible and SI have made the game to make this possible for us, thats why the realism seems to fade abit.

Archived