Does subbing a youth player on count as match experience?

Matches, matches and more matches. It depends on the level you are playing at, if you have confidence in your team to survive with a youth player I would be playing at least 1 per match, e.g. one youth striker alongside an old pro or one youth CB alongside a world class CB, it really helps. Otherwise, loaning out to affiliates is always good, but I usually choose a lesser team as an affiliate so as to guarantee games for the player loaned out.

Any guides on how to develop youth about at all?

This is my own opinion on course, but i usually try them in cup games against easy opposition or give them twenty minutes at the end of a game i am winning, this usually results in them getting good ratings.

Well I have the great chimney corner. :D we have no easy games.

People will get bored hearing this, but I live about half a mile away from the mighty Chims. You will probably not be interested to find out that their youth team is called Chimney Corner Hawks, and working for local Government I just authorised some funding for them yesterday :D.

I teand to loan them out quiet alot to lower division clubs or English clubs. I play in the SPL as Rangers and i do play some of my youngsters in cup games to attract that loan bid or play them against one of the recently promoted clubs as a sub apperance. Once they start to get to a standard i feel i can put them on my bench i do so and try and get them as much match experiance as possible. At the moment i have Prince Bauben who i signed from Dundee United and he is regularly getting a good 30 - 45 mins a game at the moment. Although he got 90 mins in a champions league game because the team i was playing was a very attacking side and i needed a defensive midfielder to aid my defenders, worked a treat for his first high level start and now i would play him regular but i currently havea midfield where i can find no space for a player of so little experiance with Arshavin, Ferguson and Fletcher fighting for two central places.

People will get bored hearing this, but I live about half a mile away from the mighty Chims. You will probably not be interested to find out that their youth team is called Chimney Corner Hawks, and working for local Government I just authorised some funding for them yesterday :D.
Well I have the great chimney corner. :D we have no easy games.

What, who, where, when?

Who are the Chimney Corner?

Have I stumbled into some private joke?

They're the only team that would hire me when I started unemployed. : D

Hey come on sleepwalkingpolarbear! they rocks! I started my game in Northern Ireland with them, and I brought them up to first division in first season! I came in 2nd place, 1 point difference compared to the champions, PSNI! To be honest, most games are tough!

Its an actual real team!!! My God...I thought we had random team names here in NZ.

:D It's not as random as you think; Chimney Corner Football Club, perhaps the only team in the World to take its name from a poem. The poem concerned is 'My lady of the Chimney Corner' written by local poet Alexander Irvine in honour of his mother who lived in the Pogues Entry area of Antrim town.

Here's a link to some more info about them, I especially like the "stadium picture".

http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t6914.html

Yes it does, however I made the suggestion last year for FM08 that getting called up and sitting on the bench should also benefit their development. You see this all the time IRL, Walcott getting called up to the World Cup, 16 year old's on the bench in the Prem, etc.

I just heard on a podcast about Newell's Old Boys in Argentina. Was named after an Englishman who started the club. Their jersey is red and black for Newell (English) and his wife who was German (Black).

Most clubs have great early histories like that. None of this: "LA Galaxy". What does the galaxy have to do with LA? Nothing!

I just heard on a podcast about Newell's Old Boys in Argentina. Was named after an Englishman who started the club. Their jersey is red and black for Newell (English) and his wife who was German (Black).

Most clubs have great early histories like that. None of this: "LA Galaxy". What does the galaxy have to do with LA? Nothing!

The idea of the MLS team from LA was to be the Real Madrid of MLS. Real Madrid are sometimes refered to as "Los Galacticos", the galaxies or the stars. LA is certainly trying to uphold that with the likes of Beckham, Donovan, Gullit (even though he's gone now). If you look at when the league first started, they were certainly the Real of the MLS. Their squad contrained some of the best players in the league, and were the only team that could really compete with DC United in the early days.

It would be interesting to know does playing as a sub for 40 minutes benefit the player more than playing for 5 minutes as as sub? Afterall the only thing it shows on the players profile is appearances and substitute appearances! Its possible a sub appearance for 40 minutes is the same as a sub appearance for 5 minutes as the game is concerned? It would take a coder to confirm this for sure surely?

Archived