International Management

I know international management has come a logn way on the game (with the inclusion of captains etc, and differed morale for club and international), but i was just thinking on how they could take this further to be more realistic.

One scenario that comes to mind is the Theo Walcott world cup squad debate. As Steve McLaren asked on arsene wengers views on him before picking him (is he ready etc.), i'd like to see this included.

Another thing i would like to see in the future is some kind of feedback on when international managers come and watch your game, i know they've kind of included it (stating that the manager was at the game looking at X for the next squad or woteva), but a bit more detail might help, e.g. X impresses in front of Y international manager.

any views?

i like this, but id like to see the whole manager views match press bit changed. As a Rangers fan its in my profile as a favored club and i was interested in one of their players, added them to my shortlist and went to view the next game which happened to be against Celtic.

Alls it said i was a big fan and nothing about the player im after.

It does the same at international level, i was looking at a number of players for my next squad and Im a big fan, just because im a big fan doesnt mean i cant target these players.

[/RANT]

Anyway, i agree with both ideas.

How about an option to recommend a player for international call-up, or invite an international scout/manager to watch one of your players?

It would be nice to build a relationship with an international manager who looks favourably on your players

You should be able to leave games early when you go to scout players. I watch some of the games suggested if its between two big teams but sometimes i don't wanna watch the whole game.

It happens in real life all the time, international managers never stay to the end of a match.

I know international management has come a logn way on the game (with the inclusion of captains etc, and differed morale for club and international), but i was just thinking on how they could take this further to be more realistic.

One scenario that comes to mind is the Theo Walcott world cup squad debate. As Steve McLaren asked on arsene wengers views on him before picking him (is he ready etc.), i'd like to see this included.

Another thing i would like to see in the future is some kind of feedback on when international managers come and watch your game, i know they've kind of included it (stating that the manager was at the game looking at X for the next squad or woteva), but a bit more detail might help, e.g. X impresses in front of Y international manager.

any views?

You should be able to leave games early when you go to scout players. I watch some of the games suggested if its between two big teams but sometimes i don't wanna watch the whole game.

It happens in real life all the time, international managers never stay to the end of a match.

Some very good ideas here which i would love to see used. There is no doubt that international management becomes stale after a few months

• 1 month later...

dunno bout this one. Seems like it could be a few lines of wasted code

It was Sven that asked Wenger about him ability not Steve McClaren but overall yes it could still do with alot of work done! 1 of the main things I would like to see added is a contract for International Management, obviously you get the basic 2 year contract but there is no salary involved etc...

Archived