Stopping retirement

Ok I'm desperate here... I've got a young guy, 18, which is playing for my U20 Brazil squad and he's gonna be good...REAL good. But the problem is that he has no club and hasn't had one in a long time, so he decided to retire :S I've looked for an option for player interaction, to try and talk him out of it, but there was none. So is there a way to stop his retirement (I'm even willing to use a FMM if necesary..)

I don't use FMM so i'm not sure if there is an option in that to alter retirement date. Otherwise there is no way of avoiding this i'm afraid, it's an issue that will hopefully be looked at for FM09 as people have reported newgens retiring on the day of their creation in game.

Why is he retiring?

Newgens will decide to retire if no clubs are interested after a few seasons, it's the games way of telling us that they have realised that football isn't for them and going off to do something else. I found a South Korean LW with 190 PA once and he was retiring because he had been in the game for 5 years and noone had ever signed him :(

Well this guy just appeared in my game, about half a season ago, and recently i saw that he will retire in about 6 months or so... Tried adding another manager and wanted to sign him, but there was no option for that. I really dont wanna lose this guy, because my defensive future rests on him

This feature should be improved for FM09 cos it's alittle unrealistically since once he becomes a professional player he will only retire due to injury. Plus there are enough lower league teams wiling to sign players and if he was as good as you say IRL someone would sign him.

I wouldn't care if he was chinese, italian or any other nationality, but he was MY player so that's what's all the fuss about :D it's no secret that brazil could use good a DC or two :p just looked up another 190+ PA player and he's an argentinian striker... Now who's gonna stop him in about 4 years when he starts kicking my ass druring a Brazil - Argentina match

ahh i missed the bit about him being YOUR player!! you can still ask players to reconisder international retirement, but in this case, you probably cant because he's retiring from the game latogether, not just from part of it...

Archived