Quick question on youth development

Say you buy a youngster at 16 or 17, how much CA progress do you find your youths progressing. I find my youths progressing anywhere between 12-15 + if very lucky one off 20+ improvement, this basically means my youths wont reach anywhere near their potential before 22-23. What training schedules or tips can you give someone frustrated with slow progress of their youths.....

I use SA FM2008 training schedules (dont know who from - downloaded in 8.01 patch).

Also i saw the previews on FM09, but i dont find anywhere that the youth regens will be improved in next years version?

Please help out thanks..

This is one of the major flaws in FM08 but Miles has said in the announcements that they have been improved so it's good news on that front. As for the regens 08 theres not much you can do to get the type of quality youngsters that you'd expect i'm afraid you may just have to wait until they reach 22-23 to play them.

^ Not strictly true. Tutoring is a high-risk but highly rewarding way of improving youngsters. In one of my Man Utd saves I signed Sakho on a free at the start of the game and he was my best defender by the age of 19/20. I used Ferdinand to tutor him and he reached CA of 170+ in around 2 seasons.

I generally loan players at either 18+ or CA 125+ then you can generally bet they'll be given plenty of first team games for good clubs

Archived