FM09 - South America

well, my question is how are we latin americans goig to be able to buy the game? its there going to be a download specially for us like last year? hope not... i want the same game with the same name :p

I would like to know if SI is planning anything special for us, because if not i would preorder it right away.

Thanks in advance

I would like to see the game being sold here with the box, manual, etc... just like it in Europe.

i would like to see the game sold in a box too... but i guess thats not going to happen, at least not in Argentina... dunno brazil. At least having the download at the same time that the rest of the world would be nice, and having it with the same name and with english language please :p

At least something i read about argentina is that they wanted to bring the game over but they couldnt find someone to publish it here, maybe its the same in brazil

i would like to see the game sold in a box too... but i guess thats not going to happen, at least not in Argentina... dunno brazil. At least having the download at the same time that the rest of the world would be nice, and having it with the same name and with english language please :p

At least something i read about argentina is that they wanted to bring the game over but they couldnt find someone to publish it here, maybe its the same in brazil

The same happened in Brazil, I think.

Regarding the Digital Download, I agree the version for Latin America should be the same as the British one, that is, called "Football Manager" (not Futbol Manager or some other silly name) and having the English languages.

Including the Portuguese and Spanish languages is OK as long as English is included as well.

The same happened in Brazil, I think.

Regarding the Digital Download, I agree the version for Latin America should be the same as the British one, that is, called "Football Manager" (not Futbol Manager or some other silly name) and having the English languages.

Including the Portuguese and Spanish languages is OK as long as English is included as well.

yep, i hope this time they listen to us about this.

I would really like someone to tell us how it is going to be this year, i dont want to preorder the game from oversea just for a a week late reading that we could buy the game with a digital download much cheaper...

That's right, Nicobile...I have already asked them about it in other topic.

I believe there are some distributors interested in releasing the game in Brazil and Argentina - we both have market to Sega take our considerations seriously!

Besides, the game could be enhanced in South America...our Brazilian League will have a big change for 2009 (Serie D created), and we don't have the Argentinian 3rd division...what do you think?

We've looked, unsuccesfully, for PC distribution in Argentina and Brazil before. Last year we were able to bring the digi-download to you guys and I believe we're doing that again - we'll announce details when we have them.

Out of interest - why do you guys want the English language? Spanish and Portuguese not enough?

Portuguese translation has always been weak.

I think that even if it was good, I would prefer English. Easier to interact in the forums and community in general when everyone is using the same in-game terms.

Of course Portuguese/Spanish must be there, to reach out to new players.

About the title...isn't it better for you guys to have a single worldwide brand in Football Manager?

I hope this year FM comes to Chilean stores, I'm hate to wait for weeks when ordering from abroad, 1 time (for fm2007) the game didn't arrived at all and it was a havoc to get my money back.

I wish it's available in English, easier to interact with other users, the most important reason is that I'm already used to the English language.

We've looked, unsuccesfully, for PC distribution in Argentina and Brazil before. Last year we were able to bring the digi-download to you guys and I believe we're doing that again - we'll announce details when we have them.

Out of interest - why do you guys want the English language? Spanish and Portuguese not enough?

The Portuguese language used in the game is from Portugal and is full of expressions and words that are not used in Brazil.

Also, I feel far more comfortable playing in English as it's the original language of the game than in some translation that, as good as it may be, is more prone to mistakes.

Im more comfortable using english, its the original language of the game, so it doesnt have translation issues. Also the spanish in the game is from Spain, and i dont like some of the common phrases used in Spain. Also the attributes of the players change their names, and im used to the ones in English, also they change the order they are display in the game, because its in alphabetical order.

It would be very nice to know what to expect this year with the Digital Download. If we need to wait some days until its released its ok, but if its a month or so, i rather buy it from some of the retailers in UK, dont care if i have to pay a little more. But it would be nice to know more or less when its coming out so we can decide how to buy it

Thanks for the language comments - very interesting.

I'd be very surprised if the time between the boxed release and the DD was a month. That seems much too long to me and I don't think we've delayed it by that much in the past. At a pure guess, I'd suggest it'd be within a week - however, that's not based on any knowledge of the state of the code or what we're doing to supply it this year, so please take it with a pinch of salt until we can announce officially.

Cheers

Matt

The Portuguese language used in the game is from Portugal and is full of expressions and words that are not used in Brazil.

Also, I feel far more comfortable playing in English as it's the original language of the game than in some translation that, as good as it may be, is more prone to mistakes.

I agree about the language, I'm from Brazil and also prefer to play in english. But the game should have English/Spanish/and Brazilian Portuguese languages to choose from. (portuguese from Portugal is very very different, at least the soccer terms)

Thanks for the language comments - very interesting.

I'd be very surprised if the time between the boxed release and the DD was a month. That seems much too long to me and I don't think we've delayed it by that much in the past. At a pure guess, I'd suggest it'd be within a week - however, that's not based on any knowledge of the state of the code or what we're doing to supply it this year, so please take it with a pinch of salt until we can announce officially.

Cheers

Matt

Matt, thanks for your prompt responses. I remember that Tectoy was Sega's distributor in Brazil, and they are releasing the Sega Genesis (which is called Mega drive in Brazil) as a vintage item in the end of this year, I was hoping that Sega would try to release FM09 for us here in Latin America.

Regarding the language item, yes, spanish of Argentina and portuguese of Brazil have big differences with their mother tongues. That's why we are used to play the game in English as well!

Cheers for all,

Eduardo Otero.

Archived