Evo87 aka Billy's Transfer/Gossip Thread

Hey All & To Everyone. Welcome To My Transfer / Gossip Thread. I read alot of papers about news and sports etc and read lost of different rubbish.lol even one about a woman crashing a fire engine to a wall then to a bmw.lol and they could not go to a 999 call later that day.rofl. well anyhows.

Thought i would post info and gossip about football transfers and gossip for people who maybe too busy to read newspapers and stuff or to catch up on it. So i thought i would post it all on this thread and will up date each day or when ever i can. I won't talk bull like millsy.lol glad hes gone anyways.

I will try to post each website where its from or newspaper

Thanks For Reading.

Evo87

Thursday 4th September 2008:

Croatia coach Slaven Bilic heads the shortlist to become West Ham's new manager after Alan Curbishley's resignation. (Various)

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp tops West Ham's wanted list to fill their manager's vacancy. (Daily Express)

But Redknapp will resist the temptation to take over at West Ham, leaving the way clear for Bilic. (The Guardian)

However, Bilic would prefer to continue as Croatia coach. (The Times)

Bilic has doubts about the strength of West Ham's squad, but the Hammers remain confident they can persuade him to join them. (Independent)

Former Lazio and Inter Milan boss Roberto Mancini is also on West Ham's shortlist. (Daily Mirror)

A shock contender for the position is the former West Ham forward Paolo Di Canio. (The Sun)

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan will only stay at the club if Dennis Wise's role is redefined. (The Guardian)

Keegan has delivered an ultimatum to Newcastle, declaring he will leave if Wise is not sacked. (Various)

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley will face a player revolt, led by Michael Owen, if Keegan leaves. (Daily Telegraph)

But Newcastle have already earmarked Real Zaragoza's coach Marcelino Garcia Toral as a replacement for Keegan, should he call time on his St James' Park reign. (Daily Star)

Manchester City are determined to capture Real Madrid forward Ruud van Nistelrooy in the January transfer window. (Telegraph)

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright is looking for a billionaire to buy club and help them compete with the likes of Manchester City. (Various)

Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez believes rivals Manchester City are now genuine title contenders after being taken over by the cash-rich Abu Dhabi United Group. (The Sun)

Norwich owner Delia Smith is considering selling the club, after the departure of two directors created financial difficulties. (Telegraph)

New Everton signing Louis Saha offered to work for the club for free until he reaches full fitness. (Various)

Brazil legend Pele believes new Manchester City signing Robinho needs 'counselling' for turning his back on Chelsea and moving to Eastlands instead. (The Sun)

My comments on thursday's gossip.rofl they didnt sack wise and now King Kevs gone and Newcastle will never win anything again with the board in and wise there and mike ashley. rofl. I hope Paulo Di Canio coaches West Ham and let him do things he want to the fans would love him and love him fight with the refs again.lol and players. So King Kevs left who will be following him? Michale Owen,Shay Given,Obefemi Martins? the list goes on. Everton wants a billionaire to buy the club? You must be joking? But then again i would want a rich person to buy Everton then we can all laugh at Liverpool for being too poor too poor to be able to finish their stadium.lol.LOL City want ruud well hes getting on. Lol i am guessing the two directors of Norwich didnt like or appreciate Delia Smiths Cooking. Lol Never heard of Saha working for free.lol Hes been on the wage list on Man Utd and injured for a while a bit similiar to Harry Kewell but not so long.lol. The only time harry kewell played his best football was at Leeds. ROFL Pele believes Robinho needs counselling just because he turned down city. Maybe he does.

Robinho has stated he only left Madrid cause he could not go to the Olympics which is any atheletes dream or footballers dream to win gold,silver or bronze for your country its all about passion and who you are and Real Madrid denied him the Chance and he will be too old to be picked for the team again only 3 oaps allowed.lol. And he cried only because they didnt let him join the brazil squad so he put in a transfer request.

He chose City because Chelsea would not meet the demands of Real Madrid or the asking price. And Now Big Phil Scolari or Felippe is angry at Chelsea for not supplying enough funds to bid for Robinho when he said Robinho is the final piece of the Jigsaw to winning the Premiership and Champions League.

Well More to Come. I may not be able to post over the weekend maybe cause i am working :( So I'll see what i can doo. This might be easier for any1 who wants to update their teams or anything cause it will all just be on one website. Well up to you guys.

So what do you think of the thread? Need opinions. No Millsy Please Or AnOldCostipatedMan Or Fat Ronaldo cause hes not fat and hes faster than a Buggati Veyron

ROBINHO NEEDS A DOCTOR?(Psycharist? Rofl Can't Spell It)

Robinho has responded to reports Pele has criticised him for joining Manchester City, insisting the Brazil icon would have done the same.

Former Santos forward Robinho, 24, joined City from Real Madrid on Monday in a shock transfer-deadline-day move after having looked on course for a transfer to Chelsea.

City - bankrolled by prospective new owners the Abu Dhabi United Group - stepped in to meet the asking price and Pele is reported to have said Robinho "needs some serious counselling" as he had been "badly advised" by people close to him.

However, Robinho has stressed the move to City is the right one.

"I accept Pele's criticism as he is the king of football, but if he had been me, he would have done the same," said Robinho, who arrived in Teresopolis in a helicopter yesterday to train with the national team ahead of the World Cup qualifiers against Chile and Bolivia.

"Real did not want to retain me. They even used me as a potential exchange to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. But as that negotiation fell through, they wanted to retain me then.

"If they didn't want to count on me, I didn't want to stay there either, so that is what I told the president."

Robinho also admitted his first intention was to move to Chelsea to be coached by Luiz Felipe Scolari but a number of issues led to Real Madrid cancelling negotiations.

"My first goal was to go to Chelsea as it was the only club to have made a formal offer," he added. "But Real did not like Chelsea shirts with my name on being sold before sorting out the negotiations.

"Also, they did not reach the value Real demanded so then Manchester City came in at the last minute to sign me."

Robinho conceded Real not releasing him to play at the Olympic Games was one of the main reasons why he quit the Spanish side to join City.

The Primera Liga giants denied the forward the chance to play in Beijing last month claiming the Brazilian had an injury, but the forward became angry with the club's board and asked president Ramon Calderon for a move away from the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.

"I cried when he (Calderon) didn't let me play at the Olympics and you can check that by asking him," said Robinho.

"I didn't cry to quit. I just told him I didn't want to stay there any longer so I asked to be transferred."

Niko Kranjcar and Ivan Klasnic have reacted to Harry Redknapp's comments that no Croatian players could get into the England team.

Earlier this week, Redknapp commented that he did not think any players from Czech Republic or Croatia would be capable of earning a place in the England's first XI.

The Portsmouth boss was speaking about England's chances ahead of their World Cup qualifier in Croatia next week.

"We played the Czech Republic, and how many of them would get in the England team? Even Croatia - I think we can beat Croatia - how many players have they got who would get near our team?" Redknapp said.

Now Redknapp's own player Kranjcar and Klasnic have both questioned his comments.

"He really said that? What will he say if we win?" Kranjcar, who is injured and will not play against England, told Jutarnji List.

"What would he say if I said that no English player would play for Croatia - he would probably be angry but I really think that."

Klasnic added: "I've heard the words of Redknapp, but I don't react to them.

"Everyone saw what happened last time, they'll have a warm welcome here."

Atletico Madrid say they received huge offers for four of the star players this summer and are delighted that none of them wanted to jump ship and leave.

Los Colchoneros' sporting director Jesus Garcia Pitarch revealed that the club had rejected the offer, but also that none of those involved were keen to speak to the teams.

While no names were mentioned Sergio Aguero, Diego Forlan, Maxi Rodriguez and Simao Sabrosa were all linked with moves away from the Vicente Calderon in the media.

"We received huge offers for four of our first-team players and in all four cases the will of the players was to stay here and the club did not want transfer them," Garcia Pitarch told Marca.

"I am delighted about that."

Atletico were also linked with several players themselves, including Diego, Rafael Van der Vaart and David Silva, but in the end were unable to land any of them.

"It is a matter of buying players at the right price and not to unbalance the equilibrium at the club. We also have to maintain the financial side of things too," he continued.

Gregory Coupet, John Heitinga, Paulo Assuncao, Tomas Ujfalusi, Florent Sinama-Pongolle and Ever Banega did join however, and they have raised the expectation levels.

"Our aim this season is to finish in the top three. After the signings that we have made this summer I think we have to aim for more than last season," Garcia Pitarch explained.

"We have players with a lot of experience and a very high competitive level and I am convinced we can do very well this season.

"We weighed everything up and while the squad may appear to be a bit small, it is always good to have an opening should a player from the B-team prove himself and make the step up."

Thought I'd better say something in this thread, so It didn't turn into another MB style thread with only one manager posting lol.

KK's departure saddens me, though I didn't want him back at the club (he quit the first time on my 16th birthday, bad day for me) He seemed to be able to bond the team. I predict no one will be able to settle the team quickly and we could well be in real trouble this season (maybe finishing below Sunderland!) I can't even name a manager that I would like to see at the club lol

lol

Please, please stop using this expression. You're not really laughing out loud every time you write 'lol', instead you're using it as a full stop and it hurts my pretty little eyes.

Right, with regards to Keegan, I never thought it would last, so his departure is no surprise. In fact if I were a gambling man, I could've made some money on the whole saga. Newcastle are deluded that they're a big club, when in reality they're a mess with no stability as they change managers twice a year.

I have posted about Robinho before, but to clarify; ultimately his choice was joining City or returning to Real with his tail between his legs. Calderon accepted City's offer, which was about 10-12m above what Chelsea were offering, because he felt confident Robinho would turn them down. We all know what happened next.

So i am guessing he wanted to leave cause he wanted to go to olympics and that he thought real didnt think highley of him or his price since they were willing to trade him for Ronaldo

Well, the rumours about a swap deal didn't help, but I'd say money was the key motivator (as usual). He was being paid somewhere around 20-30k/week at Real as well as being seen as a playboy and being played out of position on the left wing. Real's fans' love for Raul meant that he wasn't going to be 'the main man' for a long while, if ever. Meanwhile Scolari, who gave Robinho his Brazil debut, expressed his interest - talks of 120k/week and with this in mind, his dream was to play for Chelsea.

Niko Kranjcar and Ivan Klasnic have reacted to Harry Redknapp's comments that no Croatian players could get into the England team.

Harry Redknapp is an idiot (and an allegedly corrupt one at that). Croatia are better than England as they play like a team, not a collection of overpaid clueless gits who can't demonstrate basic, one touch football and have to rely on Beckham's dead ball ability to score from set plays.

I hope united buy Sergio Aguero this January or in the summer. he will be a good player for man united. Maybe another Ryan Giggs or A Paul Scholes. He could be another Ronaldo eh?

This won't happen. Man U don't panic buy in January, Agüero is cup-tied and would cost the same as Tevez, who is better right now and is technically on loan. Indeed Agüero would be a direct comparison to Tevez, rather than Giggs, Scholes or Ronaldo.

Thought I'd better say something in this thread, so It didn't turn into another MB style thread with only one manager posting lol.

KK's departure saddens me, though I didn't want him back at the club (he quit the first time on my 16th birthday, bad day for me) He seemed to be able to bond the team. I predict no one will be able to settle the team quickly and we could well be in real trouble this season (maybe finishing below Sunderland!) I can't even name a manager that I would like to see at the club lol

He rejoined on my 16th birthday :eek:

My god its 3 :20 am and i am awake watching Masterchef.lol.

Erm ... Masterchef!? And at 3 in the morning? Don't you sleep? lol

Right, with regards to Keegan, I never thought it would last, so his departure is no surprise. In fact if I were a gambling man, I could've made some money on the whole saga. Newcastle are deluded that they're a big club, when in reality they're a mess with no stability as they change managers twice a year.

Keegan was their best hope. He was someone who the players respected and the fans adored, yet the board was constantly overruling him which isn't really there place. They should of let him get on with it and now they are pretty much screwed. No manager and confusion and frustration from the players.

lads, we do have a football forum here, with the topics you're discussing covered should you want to get involved.

Thanks for the link Arjen Robben (name sounds familiar ;) ). Maybe us FMH regulars should get ourselves known to the whole forum. FMH takeover!

Archived