Undisclosed fees

ive noticed this summer, alot of the transfer deals were listed as involving an undisclosed sum. ie not releasing the transfer details.

i wondered if in the game in the future this could be a feature. say if you want to make a statement of intent to your fans, showing your ambition, you release the details of a transfer to show your clout, but say the fans are on your back about a potential signing or you think you might be paying a slightly over inflated fee, you could choose to leave it as undisclosed. and then there could be varied reports of how much the player actually cost.

Yeah, I don't like how other (human) players can view how much you have bid for a player. It's one of the few things in the game that doesn't reflect real life at all. You don't see managers emailing each other saying they have just bid so much for X player. Obviously, you get leaks for the biggest transfers but very rarely in the lower leagues.

it could be put on. SI would have to take into account the fact that when you first buy a plyaer their value is what you paid for them though.

so if it says 'undisclosed' but their value is now 32million you know exactly what they paid for them.

not sure whether that means for the undisclosed theid have to work out the initial value of a plyaer differently. or hide it for a certain period of time.

Seems a bit redundant, to be honest. As manager, you will know how much he's costing. If you then could tick an "undisclosed" box to keep it a secret from the media, what impact would that have?

i agree with you.

you hide prices from fans and other clubs potentially. unless you play in a group game then it doesn't really matter

On previous editions back in CM I seem to remember we had the choice to make it public or private. Presumably this meant that no one else knew about it, in which case why have a "public" option?

I don't think it would improve gameplay tbh. Perhaps when no other clubs are bidding and they go for a very small fee. Who would have thought Louis Saha would move to Everton for an "undisclosed" fee? The impression I get is that "undisclosed" generally means negligable and probably just about covers agent fees etc.

Occasionally you see in the press "X moved for an undisclosed amount, thought to be in the region of £100,000," but as I said, I can't see this improving the game. Understand the idea behind the suggestion, tho.

Yeah, "make the offer public" I think it was. As far as I can remember that options was available in the early versions of FM aswell.

That's the option I was talking about earlier. I just couldn't remember the name :D. Yes it added a slight touch of realism to the game but personally, I'd like to see SI concentrate on making the match engine brilliant than adding little touches this time round.

It kind of is in the game already :)

Firstly there are public and private offers and secondly, if you read some transfer news items they say "The transfer fee is believed to be around xxx" (though these always seems to be the exact values ;)).

Archived