Increase reputation in some Countries/Leagues/Teams in FM2009?

First of all I have to say that I am already delighted about the FM2009 features and staff as I heard them from Miles..

Here is my question..As I heard, the transfer system in FM2009 is re-written which might mean that you can make better moves in the transfer system than before..This means that you can attract players of high calibre even easier than before??

I will talk about the Greek League that the latest years world-known players join our domestic league..

Players like Rivaldo, Gilberto Silva, Solano, Robert, Recoba etc came to play here even at an age above 30..

My point is that Solano and Robert joined Larisa and Recoba Panionios in real life but in previous FM you didn't even have a single chance out of a million to attract those players at those teams...Even Gilberto Silva and Rivaldo would have no intetion joining the big clubs in Greece in previous FM games..

Same applies to Manchester City as some other people of this forum said..I don't think Robinho might ever come in Man City in FM except after some years that Man City have won some leagues, cups etc..

So the question is: Will it be easier to attract players of high calibre in those teams that i used as an example??

Be carefull..Am not saying that I want to able to buy in Panathinaikos ,AEK or Olympiakos Ronaldinho or Kaka for example even if I have the money but I want to be able to attract some World-class players at a later stage of their age like it hapenns in real life (in Greece)..

I'd love to see it, personally. As an MLS fan, I don't have a chance of bringing in the elite talents of the world unless they're in their twilight years. Otherwise, I'm stuck snapping up young stars and then sitting by helplessly as they demand transfers after winning a few trophies. It'd be nice to see the game reward you for constantly winning trophies not just on the club level, but the league as well. For instance, if I take Toronto FC and win the various domestic and continental trophies, my club should be able to attract better talent. But if I'm also winning the Club World Championship year in and out that should also give a boost to the league, and maybe the other teams will be able to sign players a notch above what they can currently. Trust me, as a football fan in America I'd love nothing more than to see MLS viewed with even the slightest bit of respect!

id also say maybe being able to attract a player to a club who is succsessful in its native contry buy taking a first team player from a slightly higher earning/repuation league to the succsessful club.

For example in real life Pedro Mendes move from Portsmouth to Rangers. I dont believe on the game you would atteact Mendes to Rangers, certainly not for £3million anyway

Archived