Poll: Do you think the 3D Match Engine will be a success?

Do you think the 3D Match Engine will be a success  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the 3D Match Engine will be a success

• Yes
    • No

I think it would be different and will succeed because the initial images show the possibilities hidden very beautiful and development which occurred where (according to the company so far has shown the secrets) very beautiful though I think patience will not be so but the data in their possession would have success

I love her and I am very, very proud, and waited eagerly

I think it will work otherwise SI wouldn't have put it in there. I think it'll be like CM4's 2D pitch where most people think it was really good but if we look at it now it's terrible. It'll be the best 3D ME around at the moment and will keep getting better.

This is just my opinion...the match engine will be poor quality in terms of player movements and how they kik and pass the ball etc, the skills the players will do will be poor. BUT...this is the first version so it will be improved immensly as the next FM comes out, so it will be a success over time.

It'll be the best 3D ME around at the moment and will keep getting better.

You do not know that. The Championship Manager 3d engine could be much better than SI's.

Like I said before, I'll reserve judgment until Ive used it, rather than trying to make a judgment after seeing a few seconds of footage on YouTube, and a 4 or 5 screen shots.

Reserving judgement. The 3D is only a skin over the match engine... it's the engine that counts.

What'll make the 3D a success is not the engine but rather the graphics and animations.

That said, I'm about to watch the video released earlier today, so let's see what that brings.

This needs more options than yes or no. My personal feeling is something along the lines of 'it might not be perfect and there'll probably be a few complaints, but it will get better and better with each new version of the game'.

It would be great if the 3d engine acyually show the players reactions on the ball and also their preffered moves to add a little realism and individuality to the game. But the main plus,i think,would be to actually see how your team is playing using your tactics and also how the opponents are dealing with your tactics too. I know a lot of you guys complained about the match engine in previous editions of football manager,but maybe actually seeing how your team is performing on the screen i.e are your passes reaching your players. I know this maybe wont be everyones cup of tea,but i think this would near enough make the game complete. Just as long the 3d engine has the brains to make every goal slightly different from each one because the last thing i want to see is people sat at their pc's watching their team getting hammerd and watching the same goal being replayed over

7 over again with the same 3d sequence.

You do not know that. The Championship Manager 3d engine could be much better than SI's.

Like I said before, I'll reserve judgment until Ive used it, rather than trying to make a judgment after seeing a few seconds of footage on YouTube, and a 4 or 5 screen shots.

yes you're right, it COULD BE... but since the FM 3d engine is going to be based on the CURRENT FM engine (remember, it's not really a 3d ENGINE, that's being added, merely a representation) and the CM one will be based on the CM engine (if not written from scratch) then I think the chances are pretty good that the FM one will be better.

Especially judging by the absolute shambles of an engine that was in last years CM game.

I've got a good feeling about it and hope it really does work. I believe fans who didn't like 08 could be won back over should the 3d work well. Theres a lot resting on it but from what i've heard and seen so far I think its going to work.

Archived