touchline ban

what the hell i thought these were a rumour but clearly not! i have just been served with a touchline ban for having a go at the ref....but then again how was i supposed to know if it was a penalty or not? they're dots?

Look at the in-match commentary at the moment of the play. If it tels you the referee got it wrong, then you can complain as much as you want :D

Yeah, but won't that be fixed when they're 3-D?

:D

Sorry, didn't mean to re-start it on that!

But, yeah, the "offsides" decision I can usually read from the dots, but a penalty decision is all but impossible. I usually look at:

- was it only one player who was upset?

- was the player who committed the foul given a yellow card?

If the answer to either question is "yes", I don't bother having a go. If they're both "no", then I make my decision based on whether or not I was actually upset about it at the time : in other words, a penalty which decides a close game warrants a complaining about, while a penalty that turns a 4-0 romp into a 4-1 win I just let slide.

Maybe you just need to think a little more when you're answering a media question then? Like you said, they're just circles moving around so it's impossible to tell whether it should or shouldn't have been a penalty etc. I had one for offside once, so I checked the replay out, paused it at the exact moment of the pass and their striker was clearly offside so I flamed the ref in the media only to get a touchline ban and a media article stating I was wrong..

I usually just ignore the media questions in 08 now anyway to be honest. Hopefully in 09 the media interactions section will be far more in depth and with the option to add our own quotes, the possibilities should be endless right?

Yeah, but won't that be fixed when they're 3-D?

:D

Sorry, didn't mean to re-start it on that!

But, yeah, the "offsides" decision I can usually read from the dots, but a penalty decision is all but impossible. I usually look at:

- was it only one player who was upset?

- was the player who committed the foul given a yellow card?

If the answer to either question is "yes", I don't bother having a go. If they're both "no", then I make my decision based on whether or not I was actually upset about it at the time : in other words, a penalty which decides a close game warrants a complaining about, while a penalty that turns a 4-0 romp into a 4-1 win I just let slide.

Hopefully this kind of thing will be easier to judge when the game goes 3D but only time will tell. Roll on 14th November.

Hopefully this kind of thing will be easier to judge when the game goes 3D but only time will tell. Roll on 14th November.

:thup: hopefully match report and commentary will be improved as well, on one occasion the commentary said it should have been a penalty, yet I was still fined for complaining :confused: I hope we don't have to use the 3D view to avoid this.

Archived