HEeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllppppppppp

How much ram have you got? Try right clicking on some of those icons on the bottom right of your screen and selecting the approporiate option to stop them.

i dont thik its that i as i get message sayin summat like not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of profile 2.xml

Reload your game. When it's reloaded, DO NOT PRESS CONTINUE OR SPACE. You should be on the screen that says how manyhours you have played the game. When you are here, holiday past the date it wont let you play past.

Note: This WILL NOT work if you have pressed continue.

Hope this works, let me know:)

BTW, please use (A) a more informative thread title and (B) Even if it isnt more informative, one that isnt the one it is, it just looks messy. Thanks

Not 100% certain but that sounds like a problem with the skin. Is it a new one you've just installed? I think your game has probably crashed. Try restarting your current game with the default skin.

Reload your game. When it's reloaded, DO NOT PRESS CONTINUE OR SPACE. You should be on the screen that says how manyhours you have played the game. When you are here, holiday past the date it wont let you play past.

Note: This WILL NOT work if you have pressed continue.

Hope this works, let me know:)

BTW, please use (A) a more informative thread title and (B) Even if it isnt more informative, one that isnt the one it is, it just looks messy. Thanks

firstly sry bout da title m8 an btw the game will let me play past that date i just dont have matches to play lol so can someone please help me thanks in advance

Not 100% certain but that sounds like a problem with the skin. Is it a new one you've just installed? I think your game has probably crashed. Try restarting your current game with the default skin.

no its not the skin ive had this ages, btw if it helps im using the latest fmwegge update

***I don't work for SI so I don't know definitively how the game works. What's posted next is based on what SI testers have posted in the Bugs forum and from looking at files Fm creates while running***

There was a generic bug in 08 that screwed up fixtures but it was specific to Scotland as far as I know and was fixed with the patch.

Your problem here as far as I know is caused by your antivirus scanning the temp files created by FM. When you play FM it reads/writes a bunch of files to

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\temporary

Vista: C:\Users\<User Name>\App Data\Roaming \Sports Interactive\temporary

This is where it updates and stores player histories, fixtures etc. If your antivirus interferes with this process it can corrupt these files (so you get bugs where all players have played for Algeria or fixtures disappear). Once this happens to a particular save there is no going back.

But if you have a save game prior to this first being apparent load that up and check if your fixtures are gone.

If this happened while playing a particular save game (at one point they were there and then a few game weeks later they disappeared) then quit the game without saving and reload it.

What antivirus software have you got running?

You need to find out how to add the various Sports Interactive folders to the 'exclusion list' for your antivirus so that it does not scan them any time FM attempts to read/write from those locations. Do this before playing FM again so as to prevent this problem happening.

***I don't work for SI so I don't know definitively how the game works. What's posted next is based on what SI testers have posted in the Bugs forum and from looking at files Fm creates while running***

There was a generic bug in 08 that screwed up fixtures but it was specific to Scotland as far as I know and was fixed with the patch.

Your problem here as far as I know is caused by your antivirus scanning the temp files created by FM. When you play FM it reads/writes a bunch of files to

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\temporary

Vista: C:\Users\<User Name>\App Data\Roaming \Sports Interactive\temporary

This is where it updates and stores player histories, fixtures etc. If your antivirus interferes with this process it can corrupt these files (so you get bugs where all players have played for Algeria or fixtures disappear). Once this happens to a particular save there is no going back.

But if you have a save game prior to this first being apparent load that up and check if your fixtures are gone.

If this happened while playing a particular save game (at one point they were there and then a few game weeks later they disappeared) then quit the game without saving and reload it.

What antivirus software have you got running?

You need to find out how to add the various Sports Interactive folders to the 'exclusion list' for your antivirus so that it does not scan them any time FM attempts to read/write from those locations. Do this before playing FM again so as to prevent this problem happening.

hi m8 i cant find the appdata bit m8 an im running vista

please can any 1 help me

First and foremost, please don't use text speak. Thanks.

Secondly, all that can be done for you has. isuckatfm has written pretty much what any employee for SI would, and wrote what I was going to. Unless you have a save earlier in that game, you have to start a new game, otherwise you'll never have another fixture. You need to open your anti virus, go to preferences / options and put all files and folders to do with SI on the exclusion list. Then, start a new game and it wont happen again. Theres literally nothing else that can be done for you. If you do start a new game, there's a very good chance your anti virus will cause your fixtures to disappear yet again, and you'll be stuck doing this time in, time out.

First and foremost, please don't use text speak. Thanks.

Secondly, all that can be done for you has. isuckatfm has written pretty much what any employee for SI would, and wrote what I was going to. Unless you have a save earlier in that game, you have to start a new game, otherwise you'll never have another fixture. You need to open your anti virus, go to preferences / options and put all files and folders to do with SI on the exclusion list. Then, start a new game and it wont happen again. Theres literally nothing else that can be done for you. If you do start a new game, there's a very good chance your anti virus will cause your fixtures to disappear yet again, and you'll be stuck doing this time in, time out.

ok im sorry nepenthez i didnt mean to annoy you i was just dissapointed because it was probably the best save ive ever had with my beloved west ham, so i apologise

You've got nothing to apologize for. You've not done anything wrong, and its really not your fault that the fixtures went astray. Regards to the text speak, its just because there are many non-english users on the forum who may not understand the relevance of "m8" "u" or any other shorthand words that people may wish to use. :thup:

Read again isuckatfm's post, and have a good go at getting your anti-virus software to not go over SI folders. Its a shame you've had to lose your game, I've been in the same boat before where I've lost a game 17 seasons in :eek::(

Its the best save you've had?

You've played 19 games, used the editor to give you tons of money...

I dispair :(

If thats the best he's had, whats wrong with that? The best game I've played was just 1 season in the Wallace / Roberts challenge over at CSE - and that season far outweighed both my 25+ season saves.

Hi,

I was playing a game as Arsenal and all of a sudden every single player in the game had played for FC Kobenhavn. I have done what isuckatfm has suggested. Would you have advised this given the nature of my problem? It sounds similar to me, so i did it anyway. Would you advise this?

Thanks

Archived