FM09 Kits & Badges

I've been thinking that with the new 3D match engine, will clubs have the correct kits with sponsorship and correct club badges etc. i think that this will be unlikely and it will be more like PES. But then i got thinking about when you download facepacks, kitpacks etc, how will they be implemented into the 3D match engine, will it really work? I doubt the facepacks will and it will be a rough image of the player such as in most football games but i really hope it works in terms of team kits

No, the shirts will not have badges or sponsors. This is because of licensing reasons, SI arent allowed to use anything they dont have licences for. BTW, licenses are the things that allow you to put things that are trademarked into a game.

I doubt facepacks will include faces for 3D players. Same for kits. Facepacks and kits etc are FAIRLY simple to make, but making 3D kits would be incredibly difficult.

Yeah I doubt facepacks will be used for the players on the pitch, but will they at least look a bit like the people they are meant to be? Correct skin colour, hair style etc.

A load of generic white guys with cropped brown hair on the pitch would look crap. Also, if a famous player sports a ponytail in real life, I want to see it in the game.

No worries though, I'll just use 2D if I have to.

Excited about FM09 now. I didn't buy 08 so I've got a year's worth of lack-of-FM-frustration to get out. :D

No, the shirts will not have badges or sponsors. This is because of licensing reasons, SI arent allowed to use anything they dont have licences for. BTW, licenses are the things that allow you to put things that are trademarked into a game.

I doubt facepacks will include faces for 3D players. Same for kits. Facepacks and kits etc are FAIRLY simple to make, but making 3D kits would be incredibly difficult.

3D kits really don't need to be all that hard. It all depends on how accessible SI makes it, but making a 3d kit texture isn't all that much work. Faces are another story though, depending how far ones wishes regarding realism and detail go.

Yeah I doubt facepacks will be used for the players on the pitch, but will they at least look a bit like the people they are meant to be? Correct skin colour, hair style etc.

A load of generic white guys with cropped brown hair on the pitch would look crap. Also, if a famous player sports a ponytail in real life, I want to see it in the game.

No worries though, I'll just use 2D if I have to.

Excited about FM09 now. I didn't buy 08 so I've got a year's worth of lack-of-FM-frustration to get out. :D

Hair colours, skin colours, height and weight will be implemented into the 3D mode, this is researched VIA well, researchers! Not sure about hair style though, although I know 'bald' is.

I'm sure that if someone has a haircut tat hasnt changed for a long time and they are very famous for it, Robbie Savage for example, then it will be implemented. May be wrong.

Archived