More match engine footage (exclusive)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FM09 has the FML match engine and more. It's always being worked on.

And I think that's a very important point to make. Not only will the graphical representation be new, improved, and in 3D, but the match engine that makes the gameplay decisions will be improved as well. I was involved in the beta testing for FML and the match engine was clearly improved. Very exciting on both parts.

So has FM Live always been using a 3-D match engine during beta testing? If so, then surely the FML beta testers must have guessed that FM09 would have a 3-D match engine before it was announced, in which case I'm surprised the information wasn't leaked before hand.

So has FM Live always been using a 3-D match engine during beta testing? If so, then surely the FML beta testers must have guessed that FM09 would have a 3-D match engine before it was announced, in which case I'm surprised the information wasn't leaked before hand.

the match engine refers to the coding. The 3-D, 2-D or commentary is just a graphical representation of how we see the coding on our screen. IIRC.

the match engine refers to the coding. The 3-D, 2-D or commentary is just a graphical representation of how we see the coding on our screen. IIRC.

Ah, makes sense.

Yeah I think you're right and I did actually know that. Guess I just didn't quite think it through properly :p

Thanks though.

EDIT: Also, website has crashed :p

So have you actually fixed the match engine then?

I don't care about gimmicks, I just want the match engine overhauled from the crappy FM08 version and FML version.

If you specify, what exactly you think that is broken with the ME, then I think it is much easier to reply to your question.

As it stands, your question just sounds like pointless moaning.

• SI Staff
I've never heard of shortlist, i've heard of Nuts, FHM etc.

It has an "ABC" figure of 550,000, which makes it the biggest mens mag in the UK, and second biggest in the world, I'm told.

So have you actually fixed the match engine then?

I don't care about gimmicks, I just want the match engine overhauled from the crappy FM08 version and FML version.

If you don't like the FML version, it's unlikely you'll enjoy it in FM09. I suggest trying the demo, and making that decision yourself at that point.

Oh - and the site should be fixed in the morning. If I'm told when it's back up and running, I'll post on here.

Lol absolutely typical of a server.

I'm an IT assistant only started workin this year and learnin last year. And manager is goin on holiday tomorrow for 3 weeks! bet our servers will go down it will be meltdown! I pray to god that they don't! :p:thup:

Site is working fine for me.

I wish we could see some goals being scored in 3D. From what I saw in that video, the ball and player interaction seems a bit rough, but I hope I'm wrong.

Not working for me yet, its on youtube but the video quality is poor...must have used a low quality software to record.

Site is working fine for me.

I wish we could see some goals being scored in 3D. From what I saw in that video, the ball and player interaction seems a bit rough, but I hope I'm wrong.

Also I noticed that in the video I watched, the players seem to be like very fast in changing direction and does not seem normal, player movement of the legs and turning is not smooth.

Also I noticed that in the video I watched, the players seem to be like very fast in changing direction and does not seem normal, player movement of the legs and turning is not smooth.

They're still working on the animations so it should improve.

Is it not woring at all? can you not even get on to the site, or is it just the video which wont load?

The video wouldn't load but i've got it working now, it looks ok but a bit blurred, in FM09 is it possible to see the match up close rather than far away? Players seem very far

we were told in the initial announcment that the 3D we saw was only about 50% of what the finished product will look like- so with any luck it will be much improved from what we have seen in the videos.

(doesn't mean i am not sticking to my guns people :p)

we were told in the initial announcment that the 3D we saw was only about 50% of what the finished product will look like- so with any luck it will be much improved from what we have seen in the videos.

(doesn't mean i am not sticking to my guns people :p)

Do you have a licence for those guns?

Archived