Football Manager as a Couple's Counciling tool?

Guest Mallaca01

Guest Mallaca01

Did you ever get yelled at by your girlfrend for being "too interested in that flippin Football Manager" and that you "never interact with me when you play that game"

well, Thanks to the guys at FM(who know from experience) you now have the perfect retort....

Girlfriend: "You don't care about me or anything I think!!"

You: "thats not true my love, I take everything you say into consideration. you sacked the last guy who didn't listen to you"

Girlfriend: "What?!?"

You: "Your my Chairperson darling, you tell me what your expectations are every day and I heed those expectations. I finally realise how much your opinion matters to me"

Girlfriend: >_> *looks at screen*.......... "you should sell heskey.. he's *****"

You: 0_o!

Break ups around the UK will drop as women will now be able to be part of their boyfriends lives..... as fake football managers on a pc game......

so Tou-ton SI... Tou-Ton!....

unfortunately for me, you're 6 months too late as my girlfriend found it insulting she was being called "Him/He" when i edited her in the game...

PS.. can anyone find my old nickname "Mallaca"? its been about 2 years since i've been here...

Well hope you guys are having more luck than I am, as after hearing the news about now you can now have a female manager in FM09 and telling the g/f this along with "we can do something together instead of doing our own things all most of the time".

I got shot down with "No!, I don't like football, I will never like football, now switch that pc off and come to bed"

So I'm guessing it only works if the g/f is interested in football, which sadly mine aint.

Luckily my new g/f has yet to click on when I keep sneaking away for a few minutes every so often to play a bit more of my game :D haha. Although once I was playing it with her there when we was having a breather, I tried explaining to her about the game and how it worked and why it was so great and none of it really got through, so don't think I'll be trying to involve her in it :p

When my wife starts to complain about FM and how crap it is because it's only dots, I only say one word "Pokemon", and she immediately stops. She still plays Pokemon on the advance, so she has no right to laugh at FM.

You'll soon be able to throw the dots remark back at here when 08 is out.

We should start a Football managers anonymous. Or maybe SI should just introduce the pink skin. I guess that Fifa manager is coming up now with a sims/fifa manager game. That as a female manager you need to feed your kids or they will die. With dilemmas such as feed the dog or go to the press conference. Football manager wife 09 is already copyrighted by me btw.

Well hope you guys are having more luck than I am, as after hearing the news about now you can now have a female manager in FM09 and telling the g/f this along with "we can do something together instead of doing our own things all most of the time".

I got shot down with "No!, I don't like football, I will never like football, now switch that pc off and come to bed"

So I'm guessing it only works if the g/f is interested in football, which sadly mine aint.

Well my wife is bloody dying to start a game as herself. I think we have a new addict in the house. I'm also considering starting a game for my 6 month old daughter.

Archived