Have you ever been out of your depth?

Just wondering how many of us have made a major mistake when taking over a club and found ourselves totally out of our depth e.g. Sammy Lee :D

After turning Wigan into a top half side and saving At. Madrid from relegation I thought of myself as a bit of a Harry Redknapp character who could change the fortunes of clubs, a bit of a relegation dog fight pro. I took over lowly Wolves in the EPL who had gone 10 games without a win, I was sacked after a further 14 games without a point let alone a win :(

Maybe some causes just aren't worth fighting, no matter how good you think you are :D

my first season in EPL with nottm forest was like that... really tough battle to stay up, i knew i t would be, i got promoted earlier than i had planned, so a lot of the players werent quite ready for it, and we really struggled.

i was doing well with QPR and asking for more money, they sacked me and after 3 months the only club that would take me was stevenage, this was after 3 seasons where i had finished in playoff postion every year with QPR but lost in final so i thought i had a bit clout. so i go to stevenage only to find out i have 3 full time players and no staff bar one scout. i am enjoying it but do feel well out of my depth building the club from scratch.

Took over Vinogradar the year they were promoted to the Croatian Premier League .. got my first (and so far only!) win in February.

Relegation seems a near-certainty, with the question now merely "Do I get sacked before the end of the season, or do I resign in disgrace the day after the final match?" :D

Archived