When can you get a Work Permit feeder & When will board allow international scouting?

I recently resigned at Bury (after spending 4 season there) and accepted a job at Coventry (Year 2011, both in League 1).

The financial picture is completely different. Bury capped me at 5 coaches and at Cov i have 7. Also have 4 scouts at Cov to 2 at Bury. Transfer budget is $20M with wage of $5M versus total wage and transfer budget of $4M at Bury.

But i still dont have a WP feeder nor do am i allowed to do international scouting. When will the board allow me those options?

Akaz

Go onto the Board Room option and request for a feeder club. When you have been the manager of a club for a while the board gives you the option of choosing a feeder club, however I don't know if a feeder club is possible for a League 1 side.

With Bury, i requested a work permit feeder club 4-5 times in my 4-5 years there. Board always said they will look for one but always came back a few weeks later saying they could find any suitable club.

So i am assuming the you need to have either certain reputation or certain financial stature to be able to get a WP feeder club.

Currently at Cov i have 4 feeder clubs. All in UK. Since i have been at Cov less than a year, i have not had the chance to request a specific type of club. But i suspect i soon will be able to.

But my concern is that only premiership teams can have WP feeder clubs and i was wondering if anyone had had success getting a WP feeder in the lower leagues. Same issue with scouting.

Akaz

What feeders do you currently have? If you don't have any then you will only be offered local ones initially. After a while (about 18 months in my experience) you'll be given the oportunity of telling the board what kind of feeder you would like them to try and find.

What feeders do you currently have? If you don't have any then you will only be offered local ones initially. After a while (about 18 months in my experience) you'll be given the oportunity of telling the board what kind of feeder you would like them to try and find.

I know that bit. The problem is that even after i have the option of telling the board what type i want, they still can 'FIND' a suitable candidate. So i assume you have to be in certain league or financial position so that foreign clubs will 'AGREE' to be your WP feeder club

I think the WP feeder clubs usually come from leagues you have selected as playable so it may not work if you only have England selected. I have the same problem with Arsenal and I only have England selected

Ahh.. crap. Can anyone else confirm this?

Work Permit feeder clubs can come from non-active leagues - in my game running just the english leagues I've had Bulgarian, Spanish and Belgian WP Feeder Clubs.

I think you have to be in the Championship to get a Work Permit club (if you have a high rep and are rich you may be able to get one in League One), whilst International Scouting is normally the Premier League, with European scouting in the Championship.

I also find with feeder clubs I have more success asking for one in general rather than a certain type.

Archived