FM09 AI Managers Feedback(actually based on FM08)

For SI:

Great game it will be, for FM09, but please don't let those AI managers be not so silly. Why? Because the top rated managers are plain silly in my FM08 games.

I have one occasion where Sir Alex Ferguson(AI) sold off Rio Ferdinand(AI) to Real Madrid AT THE START OF THE GAME. Guess what? They almost got relegated. No strong defenders.

Another occasion to note is Sir Alex Ferguson refused to invest in goalkeepers. Edwin Van Der Sar had been playing for more than a year, and as he doesn't have good natural fitness, his stats had drop till he was weaker that Tomas Kuszczak. And the he only started to use Tomas Kuszczak when Man Utd dropped to the lower mid league, after three quarters of the season had went. This is in Yr 2009. And Tomas Kuszczak had already submitted his transfer request, because he was rarely used. Ben Foster was already sold in season 1 to Porthsmouth(I forgot, it might have been Everton). Ridiculous for a top rated manager.

The funniest is I always got to have Giovani Dos Santos for free transfer. Because Barcelona regards him too weak initially and doesn't want him in the first team yet, and Dos Santos is ambitious, if I wait approximately 1 or 2 seasons I get to sign him for free, for they couldnt get a contract agreement. Not bad for a top rated youngster! Mamadou Sakho as well.

And there are many more!

This aint bugs but just stupid to see. Please let the managers be smarter abit.

I had the same issue with Man United not buying a goalkeeper until 2009, however Miles said there are changes to the shortlisting system so managers will look to buy players that can improve the squad, (e.g buying a goalkeeper to replace van der Sar) rather than buying players that have a high PA that they don't need.

• 1 month later...

Archived