Now That We Have The Option To Be Female Managers...

Can we please have the option to be the age we actually are in real life at the start of the game? I'm all for realism but in terms of the user setup I have always been annoyed that when I select my date of birth being 1985 I still appear as a 30 year old as it is deemed unrealistic for a 23 year old to be a manager (In any case there have been managers younger than 30, Steve coppell and Graham Taylor for example).

Now, I'm all for the option to for female gamers to start the game as a 'she' rather than a 'he', but I really hope that players of both genders can start with their real age as well. At the end of the day, rightly or wrongly, it is more likely that a club would appoint a male manager in his 20s than a female manager whatever the age.

I just open up FMM and edit my age to the correct one. Not a huge problem for me.

I used to do that, it was the only reason I have FMM, but a few of my games became corrupted after a while and I blamed FMM for it :) (not sure if that was the case, but it hasn't happened since I stopped using it).

it is a fact that there are no, at least i don't know any, female managers is professional football

don't start that debate in here its driving me crazy.:p

yeah id like to be able to be 20 rather then 30 if SI doesn't mind putting in unrealistic things now.

Chris Coleman was about 27 when he took over at Fulham a few years ago I think, but there's nothing to say that females can't do as good a job as men.

He was 32...

but I agree that if you can place yourself as manager of any club that is unrealistic enough so what is an age?

He was 32...

but I agree that if you can place yourself as manager of any club that is unrealistic enough so what is an age?

Yes, but you don't place yourself as a manager of any club. You create an in-game persona with a football past and a realistic age precisely so that it becomes realistic.

Yes, but you don't place yourself as a manager of any club. You create an in-game persona with a football past and a realistic age precisely so that it becomes realistic.

It's still my name though, but I take your point and I've never cared how old I am in the game as it doesn't really make a difference. I mainly responded because CC was still tying to play at 27 years old, bless him.

Well then in theory you could be a player whose career was ended early by injury like Steve Coppel who started managing at the age of 27 when his playing career was cut short.

PS This thread was not meant to knock the female option, I had in fact been calling for this feature for some time, Im just saying that when it comes to the users profile, you should be able to be your real age.

25 is the lowest age currently available in the game - but anything younger always defaults to 30.

I'm not sure if changing it is really needed, plus seeing a 13 year old manager is just weird.

There are coaches in the game younger than 25 (maybe managers too but I havnt seen them) so the age limit should at the very least be lowered to 21 or something. As for it being weird seeing a 13 yr old manager is it not fairly weird to see some completely unknown guy managing in the premier league in the first place regardless of age? In any case as its the user you wouldnt 'see' a 13 yearr old managing unless you were the 13 year old.

25 is the lowest age currently available in the game - but anything younger always defaults to 30.

I'm not sure if changing it is really needed, plus seeing a 13 year old manager is just weird.

But a manager's age has no impact on anything within the game, so what difference would it make?

On an entirely different note, its going to be so depressing this year when I enter my real age and the game doesn't change it. :(

I'd be all in favour of this so long as the player's reaction to you is related to your age and they give you a level of respect related to that. i.e. if you are a 13 year old kid you get no respect and the players deliberately do exactly the opposite of what you ask them to.

Is a pointless issue IMO because you can just change it with FMM if you're that bothered.

Its been stated many times that FM is made for the masses. Im sure there are more under 30 years olds playing than women, yet SI deem it ok to spend a lot more time implementing a female option into the game, than the short time it would take to allow people to see their correct age.

Im not bothered at all and i think it would be very unrealistic in some cases. Im 15 :D and i doubt i would be allowed to manage a professional football team, even if it is Barrow and i have only won Blue Sq North in my hole carear of 3/4 years.

So i don't think its neccessary.

Its been stated many times that FM is made for the masses. Im sure there are more under 30 years olds playing than women, yet SI deem it ok to spend a lot more time implementing a female option into the game, than the short time it would take to allow people to see their correct age.

Two totally different things IMO. I'm sure every woman that has played FM has cursed not being able to be a woman and even the male gamers have complained about female being reffered to as 'him'.

Age of the gamer shouldn't matter to anyone because we can change it. We couldn't change the 'him' references.

If your a man and you be a female in the new FM09 would that be cheating? I think it would because the game might think "This is a woman so lets go real easy with the pressure". I think SI might have implemented that into the game, it would not surprise me one bit if they did.

'You can use FMM to change it' is ridiculous because if SI took that mentality, they would not need to do data updates?

That's what the Editor and FMM are for, right? ;)

Actually, I wouldn't be at all bothered because the community do it anyway. Plus, if no patches are needed for FM09, I don't think SI will release just a DB update. Just like Im not bothered that very few playes have no faces, because the community do it.

Using a third party windows only tool that has a history of corrupting the save game.

Great answer Neji

Fmm does not corrupt savegames.

Archived