Filling the club with foreigner players

Does anyone likes to buy only national players? I try to do this but i normally give up because the game doesn't give me any recognition for what i'm trying to do.

Nowadays many clubs only play with foreigners and many fans don't like that. I would like to see that in FM2009. Fans and the board giving their opinion about the number of national players or foreigners. And maybe setting goals like "we would like you to decrease the number of foreigner" or something like that.

Also the national manager could come to the press to complain about how this affects the national team and thus giving a boost with managers that play national players.

Also if you bought national players, the regens should be the same. In FM08 regens were foreigners in most cases.

Your thoughts? Also if you don't like the ideas please tell me why but in a constructive way. Thanks

Fans don't really care if they are successful and have no english players they really wont mind, think Arsenal. But most clubs Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool understand some form of English core is helpful in terms of culture, the style played and the link with fans/the clubs.

IF national players are good enough and affordable the teams will buy, but more often than not the national players prices get inflated when bought by clubs in the country, Hagreaves and Carrick examples as would have been Barry.

Yes but the media and fans sometimes critisize cluns that do this. I for example don't like my Benfica team is filled with portuguese. I know it's easier to find talent abroad but i'm thrilled every time we buy a portuguese player.

I would like the fans to express an opinion when you try to bring in more English players to my English team but the down side is if this has a positive effect there must be a negative one. When I have played in league one I find it impossible to buy a good enough English team to bring my team up to the prem an English player that cost £1 million the same quality of player can be bought for less than 100k from abroad.

I thought I had lost my desire to play my Crewe game as I just won every cup in 2018 but now I am trying to turn the side into an all British and Irish team for a challenge. I think most people view getting a team of one nationality asd a personal challenge.

my squad is 80% English, its not bad to have foreign players in your team, just not a squad which is 80% foreign. thats how i like to play it anyway, i still sign players from abroad as you'd never win anything waiting for 24 good english players.

I always like to have the aim to have a squad 100% of the nation I am managing in (unless I am in England in which case I'd only want English players who are from the locality of the club...no Southerners welcome :p), but it never quite works out that way, mostly because there is often such a paucity of talent coming through my own youth setup which is where I most like to get my players from.

I signed loads of young Scots at Hibernian, but then added a few young Slovenians and Hungarians too. Only at Ross County in CM03/04 where I was attempting to emulate Celtic's Lisbon Lions did I run a 100% Scottish squad for ~14 years.

Although not "recognition" you have under your personal information an indicator of "national players tendency", this at least should helpin your aim of having all the stats in 20

I never understood that stat. I usually buy national players but because i sign one or two foreign players, kids, the stat is always low, 7,8 or9.

Playing in the Greek league my 1st move is to sell , release, get rid of all Greek players because they are crap ( Greek research team don't like them either) and buy foreigners from other leagues (foreigners in Greek league suck unless you play PAOK , ask Greek research team why), after a couple of years and if there are any good local regens ( PA 150-160 ) they are welcome to heat my bench .

This is what I have noticed in the last two carrer games, one was over 12 seasons and the other is only a season old.

At the bigging of a new game there are few world class English Footballers that you can afford, so you are forced to rely on the younger English players and train them up or buy cheaper players from abroad.

As the game progresses and the years role on I find that there tends to be an increase in top Quality English regens, the hard part is getting them enough playing time so that they can compete with your established first team players, none of them are good enough for regular first place football until they are around 23 years old.

When the likes of a 33 year old Messi can still keep all my regen players on the bench, you know that either my training and youth development is wrong or the regen system is under rated.

I have never seen a 19 year old regen that I could throw straight into my first team, yet at the start of a career game there are at least a dozen players who could do so at the start of the game, these are players with CA in the 140 or higher, yet in a long term career game I have yet to see one player have a CA that high so early.

Obviously it is the same for every team, so it balances it self out, but I would love to see the regen system create the occasional Bojan that gets every one excited.

This is what I have noticed in the last two carrer games, one was over 12 seasons and the other is only a season old.

At the bigging of a new game there are few world class English Footballers that you can afford, so you are forced to rely on the younger English players and train them up or buy cheaper players from abroad.

As the game progresses and the years role on I find that there tends to be an increase in top Quality English regens, the hard part is getting them enough playing time so that they can compete with your established first team players, none of them are good enough for regular first place football until they are around 23 years old.

When the likes of a 33 year old Messi can still keep all my regen players on the bench, you know that either my training and youth development is wrong or the regen system is under rated.

I have never seen a 19 year old regen that I could throw straight into my first team, yet at the start of a career game there are at least a dozen players who could do so at the start of the game, these are players with CA in the 140 or higher, yet in a long term career game I have yet to see one player have a CA that high so early.

Obviously it is the same for every team, so it balances it self out, but I would love to see the regen system create the occasional Bojan that gets every one excited.

couldnt agree more! would love to have an 18yr old mid/att come through my ranks that is already good enough for my starting 11.;)

Well said Lambs. Couldn't agree more. Game needs to turn out a Bojan every once in awhile, and many players need to peak earlier, and plateau.

SOISI, please?

i tend to buy foreign players when i play for liverpool. The first reason is because i know who the best foriegn players are and stuff and the second reason is because i dont like buying from clubs in the same league since the price is inflated and i can buy someone who is just as good for a cheaper amount. But now kevin keegan at newcastle (lol) likes me so i can sometimes snatch some of their best players off them for not as much. I always sell them my duds so we have a good relationship :)

In a few years i might go buy some more english players, but atm im not fussed

I usually play as English teams and NEVER buy English players. Sometimes I tried to sign them to increase my "Domestic player bias" stat but if truth be told there simply aren't enough English players capable of playing in Top 4 teams unless they already do or are unavailable. Regens are you're best bet

I will simply try to be the dominant force in the league, with whatever players I see as the best... then I'll try to slowly establish a national core - even if it means paying £10m+ for established full or Under 21 internationals

Archived