AM and SC not playing in vertical line. Will it be fixed in FM 2009 ?

I had a response in FM2009 thread(thanks a lot), but still not very helping me with an answer, as to if the problem doesn't exist anymore. I would love an answer from a SI person, as every other person's opinion, is just a merely guess.

Anyways... the issue was with the match engine, and the tactics used. 4-4-1-1, or 4-2-3-1. The issue was, that the 2 front players, that is the center forward, and attacking midfielder, weren't set in vertical line on the field. Let me put it in simpler light.

When I have 4-4-2, and say I have Ibrahimovic as left forward, and Adriano as right forward, and if I will make it 4-4-1-1, with Ibrahimovic as attacking midfielder, then on match 2d cover, it is clear, that it looks exactly, as if, Ibra "dot" was just moved back one spot, without Adriano "dot" moving to the center. It looks like this:

---- (old Ibra spot) Adriano ------

------- Ibra ----------------------

Instead it should look like this:

---------- Adriano -----------

----------- Ibra -------------

The point is, that the player behind the front man, doesn't act like a player who will roam(ofcourse it depende how much he will roam, with free role more, without less, but still) around the field, (to the left, or to the right, like Hleb for example in Arsenal), but he keeps his "original" side on which he is in accordance to the other forward, in this case left. If I would do the same with Adriano, pushing him to attacking midfielder spot, from original 4-4-2, he will keep the right side, always right to the Ibra position. It is clearly seen in the match cover, and everybody can check it.

The same goes with 4-2-3-1, and as I've checked it is the same, with everytime there is a single striker, and single attacking midfielder playing behind him.

If you will check 4-3-1-2 though, everything is perfect. The offensive midfielder, is sticking to the center part of the field, and he moves both left and right. The same goes with 4-2-3-1(with 3 attacking midfielders, not 1 attacking midfielder, and 2 wingers).

It is really annoying, because I addressed this issue here on the boards either in FM2006, or 2007 version, and in the 2008 it is still the same.

I would love some response from SI representative on this. Thanks!

in football a player playing in the hole so to speak behind the centre forward isnt going to sit directly behind them are they, obviously they will move around hence in the match screen your player will line up like that. its the same with me, im currently playing that system with barrow with nick rogan playing just off jason walker and the same thing happens. its doubt its a glitch in the system

I had the same responses, when I first started this thread 2, or 3 years ago, but it's still not the point.

I'm well aware, that players aren't "glued" to their positions. That's not the point.

The point is, that when you will make a 4-4-1-1 from 4-4-2, the player behind the striker will never, EVER move more to the side, in which the striker was playing, before the system change. If the striker was on the right, and then we will make a 4-4-1-1, then, the player playing behind the striker, will NEVER be more to the right, than the striker who plays in front of him. Everybody can check it for themselves. It is a clear bug, and it is not realistic, and should be fixed.

is it just me or is it simply not a matter of moving the player across to that position in the tactics screen??

when your in that screen and you Click and drag a player the other positions he can go in are highlighted. you move 1 player to the ceentral attacking mid positon and the striker into a ceentral role.

is it just me or is it simply not a matter of moving the player across to that position in the tactics screen??

when your in that screen and you Click and drag a player the other positions he can go in are highlighted. you move 1 player to the ceentral attacking mid positon and the striker into a ceentral role.

If you read the thread i linked above, it doen't work for some users. Although some people have said that it works fine for them so i'm guessing you're one of the lucky ones :D

I commented on this ages ago and found a solution - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=25112

Hope it's fixed for FM09 as from what i've heard there aren't going to be arrows in tactics any more.

You know, you're right ?

The difference is seen from the first sight, although I still feel, that something isn't exactly as it should be. After all, we use arrow, to make it do what it should do without it.

And as you I hope it will be fixed, so that we won't have to use any "bypas system" to make the game do what we want to, from the start :)

ps. Thanks for the reply.

Archived